Panic attack or not?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey, I think I had what I believe was a panic attack, Iv had them before but never felt this before,.. I was just standing in the bathroom when all the sudden I felt like I didn't know where I was, then even know my eyes where open it felt like I couldn't take in anything around me visually.. Very hard to explain like my mind was shutting off and I was loosing my ability to see but I was able to see.. And very high fear level .. Has this happened to anyone else

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I've had these in the past and they are very frightening,only very slow deep breathing helped calm me down, if your heart was racing and you felt like you couldn't breathe I would say it definitely sounds like a panic attack.

• Posted

I actually can't remember it to well, only lasted a few mins, I don't know if I had a fast heart rate

• Posted

When I was a kid I would get the feeling of being somewhere else and peoples conversations sounded far away. It was very strange and I used to try and clear my ears as in a way it was like being in an aeroplane

BOB

• Posted

Hi Ryan,

Sounds like you had a form of panic attack. They come randomly, and in most cases are fueled by nothing at all. Sounds like you are ok though. Keep pressing on!

• Posted

Oh yeah, just like me. I would see color swirls,and intense fear, and nothing else, which would drop me to my knee's,and I couldn't breathe. God awful isn't it. Fine one minute, and totally gone the next. Since I have been on a antidepressant I haven't had a anxiety or panic attack,and that's been 9 years now. Thank god!!!I   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.