panic attack symptons

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi all its been 3 weeks since i last posted ive been doin hypnosis and generally feeling way better than i was i got a attack last nite for first time in 3 weeks it started with a pain down my left shoulder and carried down my leg got a pain in my jaw aswell my heart started to race and i was breathing fast it lasted about 30-45 mins i taught i was goin to have a stroke has anyone had these symptoms as ive never had these before any help would be gratefull i would recommend hypnosis as i used to get attacks every second day now maybe one every 14-21 days

1 like, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Landy so good to hear how much better you have been feeling do not get to worried about your latest attack you are doing great , think the odd attack is to be expected, and as long as you do not dwell on the last attack you will continue to get better and your attacks get less and less. i will happy when my attacks lesson at the moment am not any better , but am starting some group therapy in a couple of weeks. i may try hypnosis myseld . stay positive 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I had weird pains/tremors in both my arms, then the heart beat shot up and struggling to breathe.

(I was playing far cry 3 on the pc, hiding from surrounding enemies) :s this was a few weeks ago.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Some years ago, i thought I was losing my mind, I would get anxious while driving, had no idea what was going on. I happened to be browsing in a book store, and came across a book about panic attacks. Bought it, read it many times, here's whats worked for me for years. ACCEPT THE PANIC, do not fight it, roll with it, the more you fight, the more you feel the panic, in essence the brain is bluffing your body, really, your fright feeds the panic. Here's something that works for me, extend your stomach when you feel a panic coming on, I've done it, and read about the same technique, crazy, but it works. Think calm, work out, you'll feel great.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up