panic attacks!??

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ohhh I've been here one too many times before, and while its the usual symptoms despite more prominent heart palpitations this time, and in my head deep down im telling myself yeap its another panic attack, why is it with each one theres still that inkling that its something more serious. I cant stop that bit of worry, dread and fear slipping in. Heart attack is floating around amongst my realistic thoughts of panic attack. Im so scared sad

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Get your heart and blood checked out by yor doctor and that'll will help put your mind at peace. smile don't worry I'm the same. Done all tests and came back okay. An now I've been put on Citalopram 20Mg and it's okay actually. Only been 4 days though. 
    • Posted

Thanks hadi, im constantly going back to the doctors and am awaiting some relaxation therapy classes but on some meds too but only been on them a couple of weeks. Hopefully things will get better x
    • Posted

You will be abseloutely fine. I panic sometimes but I know I'm going to be fine. And this will leave our body and mind soon. smile x
  • Posted

You are perfectly fine. Your anxiety is causing your heart to beat fast making it feel like you are having a heart attack when you are not. Thinking of having a heart attack is making you anxious causing your heart to go mad, try and take deep breaths and try to think of something else and it will go away and you'll be back to normal.
    • Posted

Thank you cj, it makes alot of sense when you read it like that. Some times I can reason with myself before things get into a panic attack but its not always easy to control it 
  • Posted

If you were having a heart attack you would be in extreme pain in your chest and arms and you would maybe collapse unable to do anything.  So unless that has happened I would not worry.

Richard

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.