panic attacks.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Any tips for prevention or dealing with panic attacks? Also does anyone have teary episodes with panic attacks?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I used to suffer really badly from them and no one would help me except my boyfriend. He would just be on the other side of the phone and would let me get it out of my system whilst reassuring me.

I used to scream during mine and self harm.

I personally found is better to lie down and let everything out. But I would suggest going to someone who you're close with just so they're there and you can get a hug if you need it and also have them rub your back.

I tried cusping my hands together and breathing through them to slow down my breathing and have some water nearby.

I ended up going to counselling and temporarily going on anti-depressants.

If you haven't already been to a doctor, I suggest going to them and they may refer you to someone or give you tips.

The best thing to do is talk to people.

• Posted

Don't know how to control it, but I do have teary episodes. I honestly believe it's when I become overwhelmed and running out of time.
  • Posted

i always have teary episodes. the tears & the panic come as a package deal for me. but i do find it helps to cry because i release emotions & it feels like a weight is lifted of my shoulder. it's a little embarrassing if i'm out in public but i don't think its a bad thing to cry it out! 9/10 i cry when having a panic attack.. i must sound like i spend half my life crying haha. as far as tips go i have lots.. for example breathe in for 7 & out for 11 (this helps your breathing get back to normality) or a paper bag if it's a really severe panic attack. rescue remedy spray from local health shops has helped me in the past. it's sort of like a security blanket. and i know it sounds obvious but just distractions! distract yourself with things that make you laugh (cause you can't panic when you're laughing), people who can distract you, or a hobby that calms you. yoga is another of my favourites smile

• Posted

Yes, tears many times help, but I do hope at your young age that you seek any and all therapeutic treatment that will be best for you. Until then if crying helps keep crying for happiness.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.