Panic attacks?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm on meds since February now.. Still have panic attacks but not nearly as bad or as frequently.. I woke up yesterday feeling good. I had some pizza and got heartburn and nausea a bit later.. It progressed through last night where I had upper back pain (i was sitting and doing vinyl mugs yesterday). Now I'm still nauceus, still panicky.. Nothing is helping. I've convinced myself its a sign of a heart attack coming. I've had several ekgs and also blood work in Feb and march, all clear. Is it possible or is this just a bad panic attack? (my pulse hasn't been racing or anything)

1 like, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

It could be acid reflux

Eating a good diet is important and avoid junk food

Stay Strongcool

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

It's just your Anxiety fixating on reflux,the more you worry the worse the relux will be. Nothing to do with your heart at all, just be careful with your diet till it calms down.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I have been Sooo careful so careful since Christmas. Cut out all carbs. All caffeine. Just eat salads basically. Yesterday I had pizza. Cookies. Popcorn chicken. Ugh never again!
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yeah I've had my gallbladder taken out after an attack one night.. With my son I had heartburn daily for 36 weeks, so I realized I still can't eat sauce, spice, chocolate, etc, but it was such a small piece I didn't think itd affect me. I guess that's the reason why I may have panicked, I had it in my mind I wouldn't get heartburn and when i did it scared me because I had the back pain and nausea and everything. I'm a bit better now, rubbed my anti anxiety oil on me and am working from home today. Hopefully it fully goes away soon!
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

That sounds like gerd. The back gets in in it its radiating pain. Sometimes your gallbladder might get inflammed too. It is common. Do you see a gastroenterologist. Meds, foods and anxiety all pour into it. Its not that nithing is helping you need to look at what meds you take. What foods you eat, and your stress level. It all has to be readjusted. On a good note as you age your acid levels naturally go down. An endoscopy from a gastro doctor will provide more info then bloodwork.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up