panic attacks

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi can anyone relate to the feeling of a panic attack, my symptoms are ... start with shortness of breath, chest feels tight, feels like my left side of chest is filled with wind, feels better if I burp but is soon back. Always feel on the edge. I was recently prescribed pregabalin but was told to stop them due to digestive issues (should have weened off them slowly. (taking them for bladder pain) I had servere withdrawal symptoms so was told to go back on them. since then, I have started with this uncomfortable feeling in my chest, tighness and feeling panicky. Doc prescribed me diazipam to take. Can anyone share their symptoms of a panic attack so I can be reassured it is?

2 likes, 9 replies

Report / Delete

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I have experienced the symtom s you have described along with others. I the worst for me is the chest pain, its a stinging pain bit Like an injection. I get this pain were my heart is located along with bad palps, dizzyness, tingling fingers. It's awful but does subside. I had all the tests and all ok, but I still think somethings wrong, it's awful. Only thing I find helps at all is exercise. It ki d of De_stresses me and I don't get anything while exercising...
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi jay

Yep I'm d same n frightens d sh*t out of me but after all d times it happened I'm still here alive n kicking... I get bad heart palps pounding cold sweat tingling/ numb fingers n nose! It freaks me out to b honest n can happen out of blue wit no warning I hate it. I just try t keep more positive n focuser n I must say it is helping me so ur not alone try not t focus on it distract urself n also remind urself others are going thru exact same too! Its not easy but u will get there

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

You know, I am 13 and have all the symptoms that you said; pretty much exactly what I have and they said I was dehydrated so my heart rate was really high. I am not dehydrated any more and I still have the weird feeling in my chest. I also have asthma which usually happens when I am sick. And I also got this weird thing with my bladder that when I get a U.T.I. or something like that; my bladder won't hurt 'cause of those reasons so I am not for sure that it's that. But, everything you just said is what I have so I am kind of freaking out about this so if there's any advice you people have for this to calm down, please tell me. I've even told my Mum and she is going with the doctor and now I am constantly moving my feet really fast and trying to stop thinking about it but if you can help; please do.

I've also been deciding to do so research and everyone seems to have a connection with Asthma or with digestive problems like you stated. I am pretty sure it's mostly digestive but this might be linked with U.T.I. I wouldn't be able to tell since my predicament is odd. Yeah, I am not sure about the being on edge though. It might be a slight hormone imbalance or something with mental fittness like anxiety because I have been stressed. ((More than usual I might add with the Science Fair, and Teachers, and it being the end of the year and my grades and EVERYTHING  ;~wink) I would really appreciate help and guidance and how to get this under control please.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Is ther anyone that has HAD this and somehow got rid of it? I am pretty sure this might be U.T.I. related and can affect your heartrate with a hormone imbalance of adrenaline somehow. I hate the feeling 'cause it feels like all the time I can't feel my chest like it's all wind or something. HALP
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I'm not sure what I have. I have been having this feeling that my heart is raceing. I have had all the test even a heart cath and everthing is ok, but I feel like it's not. I want to cry all the time feel unworthy and death would be a blessing. I have no energy. Even thoughI try to do thing I get out of breath and have to sit down. I don't want to do anything anymore. I an on an antidrepression, but doesn't help that much. Even as I write this my heart feels like it is raseing. Does anyone else feel like this and WHAT can I do?
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I can never catch my breath, I usually sit down and do a few deep breaths and get back up again. I heard excercise kind of helps with it; I don't really do that. Playing an instrument might help as well and abuterol though it's mostly for asthma. It sometimes helps for me but the abuterol makes you shake a bit. It's supposed to open your air ways and allow more air into you. Hope this helps a bit smile I have only had this weird feeling for a week so far and I already want to die and I'm only 13 ((kind of sucks)) but I am going to keep researching this. Still think it is connected to U.T.I and asthma.. Only a theory tho..
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I have had the same feeling. My chest hurts and my back and I start panicking which leads to me feeling sick and my head goes all funny.I keep thinking I'm having a heart attack and that there is something seriously wrong with me. I can't think about anything else and its driving me insane. It doesn't help I google my symptoms. I just want to feel like my old self I'm tired of feeling like this
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up