Panic attacks

Posted , 4 users are following.

Does anyone else get like a surge of energy feeling through them when in a state of panic, like it makes you want to stop what your doing and run outside, it ties in with the 'sense if impending doom' I think, was just woundering if anyone else has experienced this

3 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I've had similar experiences like this. When i had my first panic attack i was just stood on a bustop and suddenly i had a sense of doom overwhelm me and my first insticnt was to run away. I hear some people staying in bed or remaining static when their in a state of panic, but as for myself i beleieve i felt what youre talking about.
  • Posted

It's anxiety....a sudden rush of adrenaline....It's very scary...it can't hurt you but feels dreadful...if you can....ignore it try to carry on with what you are doing...take deep breathes . It will pass....the thing is not to start dreading the next one....almost makes it happen....anxiety is awful but you can manage it...Just don't give it power. Perhaps you should see your doctor? BEST of luck.....J
  • Posted

Yes, I get this a lot. The nervous energy is sometimes all that gets me through when I am like that
  • Posted

I think seeing a doctor would be best tbh but thanks for the comments at least I know I'm not the only one who feels like this sometimes haha

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.