Panic attacks

Posted , 2 users are following.

I really need help am having bad panic attacks and I need help please

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi charlotte I know what your going through ive suffered from panic attacks for 7 years now since I was 17 and im now 24.. and recently became diagnosed with agrophobia. I know its easier said then done (beleive me it is) but you just need to try and relax take nice slow deep breaths and either do something you enjoy to distract your mind or focus your mind on something that makes you feel happy. Im currently on citalopram and propranolol for my panic attacks and they do help with some of the symptoms to make you relax more so might be worth seeing your doctor to see what they say about it. I know they feel like a death sentence right now and you feel like your having a heart attack but your not.. one thing panic attacks wont do is kill you so try to stay calm and go and see a doctor! You'll get through this!

• Posted

I have been on to my gp health visitor and mental health services near me anything you can think of i have tried this is such a powerful fear that I can't control the panic please help

• Posted

Hasnt your doctor gave you any medication to help you cope with this?
    • Posted

Yeah but there not doing anything and apparently they are me to work straight away this fear us just to powerful
    • Posted

Sometimes they can take 1-2 months for your body to adjust to the medication and for it to work properly but if its gone on longer then that and the medication still isnt working then I would suggest going back to the doctor to tell them it isnt working so that they can either give you a stronger dosage or try something different for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.