panic attacks

Posted , 5 users are following.

many years ago i was very badly stabbed it took quite a while to get over it about 5 years ago i started getting very bad panic attacks and anxiety attacks i even had problems swallowing food everything was ok before this happend i went to the doctor he told me that alot of problems can stay dorment for many years and suddenly just shows i was scared to sleep because when i woke thats when it started i even tried not sleeping i would walk about the streets all hours my doctor sent me to hospital where they did tests on me in they end they more or less said what my doctor said it was that experience that i went throgh comming back to me the part about not being able to swallow food without getting a panic attack also in my head i amm on meds now they seem to help alot but i still get stress sometimes which brings on a small attack not as bad as those terrable times i cant swallow pills so have to crush them or take dissolvable meds i know its all in my head but i guess i will just have to live with it if anyone has suffered the same i can understand what your going throgh you are not alone

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey Tim,

Sorry to hear that and it is terrifying, but besides the meds what else do you do to get rid of your panic disorder.

I had panic attack myself but I was able to do things to overcome my problem. Living that life is not easy.

Wish you all the best

• Posted

Hi lots of panicattacks and anxiety are triggered by something and manifest later for some reason . Believe mine did. I manage better now can still have bad spells. I look at it as something I have and have to manage as other people with other illnesses ( is horrid, constant worrying doesn't help.My friend has a problem with swallowing food she had a bad car accident when woke from coma she noticed this some time after event. Could be similar ? Also my aunt can't swallow food. She cuts everything so tiny or soft food she just gets anxious. Docs say it's not medical must be anxiety. Wish I could help more . Keep talking here this seems quite common. Would love you to get reasurance. Glad your also asking doc.many people just google anxiety will tell you it's the worst, then you just worry??

• Posted

have you been able to speak with a counselor about this? It really helps to vent to someone else who can help you. 

also for panic attacks you can go to YouTube and search panic attack emergency or just panic attack they guide you through it.

For general anxiety help, they have great meditations and many to choose from. Just search for anxiety, or guided meditations for anxiety, or sleep,etc.

I use earbuds and lay down. It completely calms my mind and body down.and teaches us how to manage anxiety.

one day at a time 😁

• Posted

I suffer the difficulty swallowing also, they put in down to Anxiety. Although it only developed the past year or so, didnt always have it with my anxiety and panic attacks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.