Panic attacks

Posted , 5 users are following.

ive on been on citalopram for 4 Days I’m so tired no appetite just went to sleep and woke up with massive panic attack please help Does it work 

I felt so much better yesterday 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I’m on day 13 of taking Citalopram, all I can say is it will get better. I FELT horrendous to start of with no sleep, appetite had completely gone, I thought I was going crazy overthinking and anxiety was at an all time high. Everyone is different as to joe long it takes to get into your system. One thing I’ve learnt from here is people say it gets worse before it gets better. Please persevere it will happen x
    • Posted

Do you know if it gets better then gets worse Ididnt feel so bad yesterday

Today in contrast is so bad Does it really get better

• Posted

Everyone is different, mine was first 6 days of pure hell. It honestly does get better you really have to just ride it out and take each day at a time. I know the thought of not knowing when is scary but please persevere x
    • Posted

No problems, if ever you need to vent or talk you can always private message me x
  • Posted

Linda, stick with it, it will get worse before it’s get better. You will feel better after about 2 weeks but not 100% that will take about 6-8 weeks. The side effects are horrible but once your body gets used to it you will start to feel yourself again.
  • Posted

Hi Linda, stick with it... I felt terrible when I first started it, but after four to six weeks I started to feel better. I've been on it for nearly two years now and have no obvious side effects . It has changed my life for the better, I haven't had any panic attacks for along time, I can go out and socialize without fear and feel calm and in control most of the time. I practice yoga and meditation which also help me but Citalopram was worth the first few weeks of feeling crap. Good luck. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.