Panic attacks

Posted , 6 users are following.

Will my attacks ever go away? It started last month when I was smoking weed, I went into a panic attack. It stopped for a month and now it started again about two weeks ago? I don’t feel normal anymore. How do I get my life back? :-(. Did the weed alter my brain cells and made me have these attacks now. I had to cancel my vacation to Miami on Friday because I was scared that I may have had a panic attack mid air :-( Please help me! 

0 likes, 54 replies

54 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Unfortunately, anxiety & panic can be perpetual. It's like a viscous cycle. We tell ourselves tho he & believe it. Mine is from my thyroid was overmedicated.

I do breathing exercises. Breathe in with sticking belly out & exhale & bring it in. I do 6 inhalation, stop breath, 6 exhalation. Then repeat 5,4,3,2,1. I pray & ask God to help me cope. He never promised we wouldn't have hard times in our life,but if your his child(salvation) he will never leave or forsake you. I pray & in affect it's like meditation,cuz after I pray about my circumstances, I pray for everyone in my life that needs it. It may sound contrite unless you re a Christian. I wouldn't be here without my Lord & Savior. God Bless you. What you are experiencing is just awful.

• Posted

Thank you for you comment. Yes, I pray and also try breathing exercises as well. I just want it to be over. I have never experienced anything like this until now :-( 
    • Posted

Hi dear...i write my problem ...you can please see in my discussion. Please guide me i have extream anexity. I m muslim Believe in Allah.. pray from him..HE MUST HELP ME INSHA ALLAH

• Posted

Yes of course they will more than likely go away providing you keep off this stuff as you don't know what rubbish is in it really.

I would suggest seeking an addiction counsellor in order to talk through the reasons/triggers leading you to smoking this stuff. In the meantime try not to worry. There are Organisations such as Narcotics Annonymous to help you.

Take care.

• Posted

It not a drug I’m on lol. It’s something I have done occasionally in the past. I was actually at a party when this happened. I smoked and had a few edibles and then I had a panic attack and now they won’t go away. So no I don’t need any counseling for smoking weed occassionally. 
    • Posted

Counselling is the recommended therapy to identify why you smoked this stuff in the first place.

​There are usually reasons why people turn to substance abuse. Meeting others can help to support you if you feel tempted to smoke again. 

I was simply trying to be of help.

Take care.

• Posted

LOL! Weed is NOT an addictive substance. It’s used for cancer, glaucoma, Parkinson’s disease and so on. I can’t get over the last person who commented suggesting to go to meeting.

I smoked weed for years, BUT it did trigger my anxiety to the point I would have panic attacks so I quit. Having a panic attack while high is the worst.  THC can trigger your “fight or flight” reaction.

I would stop smoking. Panic attacks go away. It’s also not a command performance. When you take the panic out of the panic attacks, that is where it ends.  

• Posted

I don’t normally smoke weed. It’s something I do every once in awhile. I had a few edibles when I was smoking it and I guess it was too much for me to handle because I had my first panic attack while I was high but the thing is they won’t go away now. Hopefully they stop because the attacks are controlling me vs me controlling them :-( 
    • Posted

Hi capri and Katie

I found the link to weed/cannabis on NHS Choices. It ids classified as being addictive and illegal . It causes hallucinations, panic attacks ., leads to addiction to other drugs such as heroin and cocaine, 

​Thanks

• Posted

Hi again For the sake of clarification for you et al I researched glaucoma and cannabis/weed.

​The gist is that cannabis is NOT recommended for treating glaucoma. The reason being it can damage the optic nerve making the condition of glaucoma much worse. Cannabis also damages lung tissue.

Take care. 

• Posted

Yeah I smoked for 10 years... never touched anything else. It doesn’t “treat” only helps.  Not everyone graduates to crack from weed.lol.
    • Posted

Yeah it can damage lungs if smoked. Baking & edibles are best. "Sativa" can cause anxiety,but "Indica calms & makes you tired.

• Posted

Hi again I do not recognise these two substances.

Did your dr prescribe them for you?

If so I would suggest discussing the side effects  with him/her as your dr is au fait with your history.

Take care. .

• Posted

Was correcting a word. Baking mmj It doesn't burn as opposed to smoking is carcinogenic. I agree with smoking it in lungs. Didn't realize this forum isn't USA.

• Posted

Not baking VAPING. Correction again.
    • Posted

What were the exact ingredients of this stuff you smoked. Was it prescribed by a dr or bought from a drug dealer? What dio you mean by edibles. I have sent u a link on weed and how it is laced with undesirable dangerous substances and how it causes  anxiety which may have well caused  your panic attacks.

There are organisations out there to help you but it would be pointless if you smoked this poison again. Just trying to help you and others reading this posting as they may think weed is safe just because in some states it is legal. This is England and weed, cannabis, dope are illegal substances and people using or encouraging others to use it can be charged.

Cannabis causes anxiety then panic attacks.

• Posted

Sorry to hear this. There is a complex chemical link to anxiety and weed/cannabis/dope. Hope you feel better soon. I would definitely go and see your dr and discuss all this with him/her for support. Counselling. Psychotherapy are good for panic attacks. Take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.