Panic attacks and anxiety since August and I don't know what to do?

Posted , 4 users are following.

My father passed away in June and I tried to stay strong.It was hard but I managed it but In August it was a collapse for me.I woke up in the middle of the night and my heart was beating so fast,I could not breathe but the thing that scared me more was the feeling of going crazy,I could not controlled my

Self.I went to the emergency room almost 3-4 times a day during a whole week and I was still scared.I could not sleep and I was afraid all the time.I went to a psychiatrist and she prescribed me zoloft but that made me worse and after 10 days I decided to quit and I took only clonazepam to sleep.I moved to Germany just to try to be away from the home environment and things went a little better but it was still very hard to wake up in the morning and to go to a language course to University,my head was light I could not understand anything,I was afraid to my way to school but I tried to stay strong and I didn't use any medication.Now I am beginning to feel.bad again,I have a light head,I feel I am going to faint,I am afraid to sleep and when I got to sleep I just sleep 1 or 2 hours and then I wake up very afraid.I think that I have sth wrong and I will day,I am too afraid of that.I have terrible headache that I haven't had before.I don't know why to do to get out of this situation.People say it depends of you to get out of this but it is too hard.I feel like I am not going to be normal anymore,I have forgotten that feeling (to be normal).

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I know exactly how you feel. It normal to feel Iike you're going insane when anxiety hits its highest. I get that all the time and I just pray to go back to normal. It's not fun when you're not in control because you're in your mind all day and you can't focus on anything nor can you remember what you did 5 minutes ago. I get headaches A LOT when my anxiety is bad. It's all the stress, it also bumps your blood pressure up. Anxiety has so many elements to it, physically and mentally. It is exhausting. I just got over my sleeping problem fit. I would always wake up gasping for air because I had anxiety during my sleep which in return made 6 hours of sleep feel like 30 minutes. It'll take you awhile to get over this but I promise you, you will. It gets worse before it gets better. See a therapist, get CBT. it'll all help. It can all just be due to your dad dying. You maybe depressing all the feelings of that loss and in return anxiety is coming out of it.
    • Posted

Dear Myrissasauras,

thank you so much for your answer and your support.I appreciate it,it means a lot to me.Having support from the people that are going through the same situations makes me feel normal again.It is the most difficult situation that I am going and I feel sorry for my self and especially for my Mom because she is doing everything to support me and I try to stay strong for her.Did you get CTB,does it helps?I am afraid of medication because I read their side effects and then I have all symptoms so I can't use them.

• Posted

I was given fluoxetine but didnt take them because the doctor said I will be bad for 2 weeks and then get better. I didnt want to go through the same feeling like the first week of my anxiety. My dad also passed last year and because my mum is a senior also I am always worried about her, not being able to leave her alone.
    • Posted

I am going to have eye surgery in January 2016 and thinking that how is she going to cope to look after me and I hope I don't feel guilty for putting her through this. But then I think it will only be for a week or then i will be fine
    • Posted

Personally I am afraid of medication too because it can cause anxiety and depression to be worse. I use a natural plant herb in pill form called kava kava. Absolutely no side effects. It helps anxiety a lot. I haven't tried CBT but I heard a lot of positive things about it. Currently I just started therapy. It has been helping me understand my anxiety a little bit more. Right now I constantly feel like I am running out of air. I hate it. It scares me. It feels like I can't breathe, and I start to get dizzy. I can't even talk sometimes because I feel like I don't have enough air to.
    • Posted

Dear Shameem74,

I am sorry for your father.I know how it feels and it is very hard to get through it.we have to be strong for ourselves,our mothers.Life is so hard but at the same time so beautiful,and the most difficult challenge is the one with ourselves.Now I am feeling very depressed and lonely, I cant understand myself and I am very a afraid of it.the only wish this Christmas is to be normal again.I wish you all the best with your eye operation and don't be afraid,everything will be fine.

Hugs and Merry Christmas 😊

• Posted

I have the same feeling to and I am.very afriad.it is like I am going mad and I can't understand myself.I could not sleep last night and I passed all night in the balcony just trying to breath.I just want these to pass.

Hugs and Merry Christmas 😊😊😊😊😊

• Posted

Hi I really know what your going through its like hell on earth. Unless you suffer from panic attacks, anxiety no one can imagine how much you are suffering . I'm not a counsellor or doctor so can't give you any advice apart from try some meds again and stick with them. They do tend to make you feels worse before you feel better. But they can and do work. Is there anyone who you can talk to? Family or friends. Have you tried counselling? If you ever need to talk just get in touch on here. I hope you have a peaceful christmas and new year
    • Posted

Dear Lisa,

thank you so much for your support and for answering.I have thought to use some medication but I am afraid of the panic and anxiety that they bring at first and the side effects.I have moved to Germany because I thought it was better to change environment (at hause everything remembered me of my father).It is a little bit difficult to make new friends because you are not feeling ok and are frightened.My mom was here with me but she is home now and now I feel so lonely.I have a twin sister but she is all day at work as she works as a doctor in a hospital here and now she is living with her boyfriend.We use to have a close relationship but now the things has changed I feel very depressed for it.I live alone now and is very difficult most at night when you begin to think and the atacks become more frequent.I find these forum 2 days before and I am glad to find people that support you and know how it is to go through this.

Hugs and Merry Christmas and a half

happy New Year 😊😊😊😊😊

• Posted

I mean happy New Year.it is the fault of the auto corrector 😯😯
    • Posted

I honestly know where you are coming from with the attacks been worse at night. I feel the same when everyone's in bed and I'm left alone with my irrational thoughts. I'm so sorry for your loss I lost my father many years ago and will be distraught when my mum goes. You should be with her and not on your own especially when your feeling like this. I know what you are going through and you need someone with you. Please try the medication it will really help. Or try counselling. Hate the thought of you having to deal with this on your own. Stay strong and big hugs x
    • Posted

Patents love u unconditionally and it's the thought that u can't control them being there or not. ur being unfair to them if u want them there all the time as they have their lives to lead.im also scared of losing my mum and I feel i cant get married again coz I don't want to away from her. I feel detached and can't concentrate when I font have my glasses on. doc gave me Fluoxetine but couldn't take them coz I cant deal with the downside

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.