panic disorder

Posted , 3 users are following.

Suffering from panic disorder from last 2 years.have consulted psychiatrist and he is giving me medicine but still I am unable to attain my normal life style. 

1 like, 10 replies

Report / Delete

10 Replies

• Posted

hi

which type of panic ??/ symptoms ??

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

i actually suffer from hypercondria or health anxiety. i would suggest you to try chat with others with agrophobia on this portal that will make you understand that you are not alone and these anxiety things are really very common and these are all in our mind. once we conquer them in our minds the physical symptoms will automatically go. try googling CBT. its a therapy which will surely help you. follow the step by atep procedure of cbt. there are cbt android apps also available online that can make following  the therapy easy. my condition is such that whenever i get any physical problem like a slight pain in chest , pain in arms, i start connecting them to a heart disease and then the symproms worsen and again i connect them to disease and my mind denies to accept these symptoms as anxiety and sometimes i even panic so much that i feel as if i m getting heart attack and going to die. but again with time the panic slows down and symptoms also dissapear over the days as i distractmyself by indulging in other activities. u also try to distract yourself and accept the symptoms as anxiety and believe that they will go with time. but before all these, u must once consult a doctor to examin your high BP etc and once he says you are ok, try these other methods. however since you are already on medication , i believe you have already consulted a doc and got yourself checked.

hope u get over your anciety soon. 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

i m recovering good and i know once i recover i will be free of anxiety atlest for around a year atleast .... you should also not give up and try . ... hope to hear from you soon that you are improving .... tc
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up