Panic disorder and dp/dr Help!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi. I just wanted to ask, I had massive panic attacks in May. Like TERROR attacks. And one day I felt dp/dr. Now I feel it 24/7. Why? Usually dp/dr comes during panic attack, but all summer I felt like this 24/7.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Are you on meds? It might be something as simple as you're thinking you have it more, so your mind is on repeat with it.

• Posted

Yeah I'm kind of the same here pal I started off with chest pains and next thing I know I'm on anti anxiety and antidepressant meds sad I pretty much think my hearts gonna stop every ten minutes and go into panic attacks it actually SUCKS, it's ruining my life things that never made me anxious before now do for some reason all because of this stupid costochondritis ( chest pain ) I can't really offer much help sorry friend this is all

Fairly new to me but I wish you a speedy recovery!

• Posted

My panic attacks are not the biggest issue for me, but the dp/dr is. It is ruining my life. Without being anxious I became depressed.
    • Posted

Sorry for my English. I just saw bunch of mistakes.
  • Posted

Hi! After my first major panic attack (thought I was literally going to die) the dp/dr hung about for a good 2-3 weeks but its slowly easing off! I've found it is one of the most unpleasant side effect of anxiety and panic disorder sad your mind alters the way you feel temporarily when the panic and anxiety is just too much for your body to handle, as a coping mechanism. So repeat terror attacks can very well make this feeling linger on for weeks to maybe even a few months. But sometimes we don't always want it to try and help us like that. It is so subjective that people don't quite understand unless they've experienced it. It almost ALWAYS goes away, the key is distraction! Warm baths, excersize, try and do whatever you can, it's hard sometimes but the more you feel alive the quieter the depersonalization will be till eventually it fades. Best of luck x

• Posted

Sorry for some mistakes. English is not my mother language. Last 2 months i've been feeling strange. I'm not sure is it a dp dr disorder or what. I'm so scared. I'm having OCD intrusive thoughts since i was 12 and now i'm 26. I always tried to fight it with some rituals (words, moves like some kid of defense mechanism) but i've been trying to break free sooo hard. I've never visited doctor and. Anyway as i said 2 months ago i was thinking about thought and how not to react to bad ones and i kind of became obsessed with them. I was thinking about them all the time and i couldn't be relaxed, in fact all that made me even more anxious and nervous.. Then i realized that i can't fight them and that they are in out heads all the time and became scared and couldn't think easily. Then one day i started having that kind of stupid questions like what are thoughts and how they come to us. And one day everything became strange to me. My sister face, people on the street...Stupid questions came to my mind like what are we? why are we looking like that? I felt like i fell from the other planet directly on Earth. I can't describe that awful feeling! I felt like i'm going crazy! Than i started having that philosophical questions/thoughts which no one can answer (about life and world and people...). And i'm aware of that but i just can't stop them. I also can't talk like i did before because it feels different. It feels like i'm observing everything i do and every word i say or someone says. Like i'm questioning what does that word means, how funny that word sounds and it drives me crazy! I can't do anything like before! I feel terrible and something chokes me. I don't know if i described it well but i hope someone understands what i mean. I googled some of these symptoms and the closest thing i found is depersonalization/derealization disorder and philosophical awareness. I don't know what to do! Any advice would be good. I realize how beautiful life is but for me it's so hard right now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.