Panic, Health Anxiety 😩😫

Posted , 5 users are following.

My son aged 11 has been vomiting today , think he has a stomach bug and I am sat here with pains in my chest , really bad dizziness ,feeling sick getting myself into a total panic as he is poorly thinking I am going to be poorly. I have really bad health anxiety about being sick , I work full time and when I get this it just takes over I really panic about going to work and being sick at work , I'm totally fed up of it I try and rationalise with myself but it just doesn't work I'm in a total state now panicking about sick or what if I'm not sick today will I be sick at work tomorrow 😩😫😩 does anyone else get like this.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

This is what anxiety is sometimes it's something we can't get out of our heads. I'm so sorry your feeling this way, did you see and for your son? Or speak to someone about yourself? It can really help if you see a dr and he can prescribe something for panic attacksΒ 
    • Posted

I did see my GP he gave me some homeopathic medicine it does seem to help a little , I think the worse thing is I feel so stupid and it's like I know I'm being daft but I just can't help myself.
  • Posted

Hey Natalie,

It's difficult to rationalise when 1. someone we love is poorly and 2. we are anxious.

As you know, anxiety can make our imaginations run wild. It triggers adrenaline and unfortunately makes us see the 'worst' in scenarios. This then triggers yet more anxiety and we get ourselves worked up.

My advice is to follow what your rational mind says. Perhaps something like 'My son has a stomach bug, everyone gets stomach bugs, he'll be ok in a day or two.'

Adrenaline/anxiety is a nightmare when trying to use our rational mind. I hope he gets better soon, which I'm sure he will! =)

• Posted

Oh I know what you mean. I have the some thing. I then cannot get it out of my mind and question my kids until they get sick of it. I wish it would stop. I started taking stress tablets from health shop and a tablet to help me sleep so that I'm more calm. I stress over anything to do with health. When I get answers on one I move to the next illness.

Your son has a stomach flu. Make sure he drinks a lot of water and no dairy. It normally last 24hrs . If you can get ice poles for kids from the chemist that would help also.

You are not alone I feel the same and I'm so over it.

• Posted

YES. When any family member is sick it effects me terribly. Vomiting is only contagious theough hand-mouth and i have learned to wash hands a lot when caring or washing a sick persons clothes. I use oreganol p73 put a few drops under tongue count to thirty the. Drink down with water. It deters many illnesses. And helps if sick as well. I have used this for about eighteen years now, its spicy but good stuff. Some guy cass ingram use to talk about it a lot. Wrote some books and i read a few of them but i do like it a lot.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.