Panic over things

Posted , 3 users are following.

i suffer from health anxiety and at the minute ive got this horrible phobia that i have a brain tumor but when i settle down over it if i see or hear things about a brain tumor i freak out i go into this massive panic and think yeah i deffo do have a tumor, i literally cant settle down now but now im stressed i feel a headache coming on i try and not worry myself about it but i cant help it its literally anything about the brain i start freaking out so bad how do i stop this

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hiya,

Oh im the same! ive tried not to look at news articles as that sets me off...if i see anything about illness/death i freak out and my anxiety takes over. do you get palpitations alot? i ask cos i get them alot...they send me into a panic every time. i had a mini panic attack earlier cos i was spraying a cleaning spray and i felt id breathed too much in and started to burn up, heart started racing etc...had to stand outside for a while till i calmed down. its such daft things that send me off. what triggered the brain tumor worry? ive often thought i have one...whenever i get an headache it always pops into my mind and i find myself looking up symptoms. its a vicious circle. x

• Posted

yeah i do get the palpitations not alot tho but i get every other symptom 24/7 and i suffer from terrible headaches all the time but i always feel like theres something in my head on one side its hard to explain but i feel like its a tumor its just horrible going through this i feel like i need closure in my life everyday is just the same but the more i think about it the worse it gets x

• Posted

it is horrible to live with! my heart is my major worry. im so scared i have something wrong with it...i worry pretty much every day! i get shortness of breath alot too...as well as other symptoms. i really do feel your pain. ive worried about my brain on many occasions...i get headache alot on my left side...more then i do the right x

• Posted

also have you tried anything like meditation? there is an app called 'headspace' a friend recommended it to me! ive only just downloaded it. maybe worth a look?

• Posted

hi kayleigh,

ive been exactly the same recently! ive been having pains in my head also small head aces that dont really feel like head aces, my left side of my head has more pains and i tend to get alot of brain fogg! ive been driving myself crazy! my left arm also felt pretty numb the other day too! but this is all meant to be anxiety!? i was researching my symptoms which is the worse thing to do! so ive tried to stop doing that and its really helped.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.