Panic starting!!! Does anyone else have twitching in their eye???

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had twitching in my upper left eyelid now for about 2 weeks on and off, I'm at work at the moment and I'm starting to panic it's a stroke or something wrong with my brain, I keep feeling like my lips are twitching as well they feel little tingly but don't know whether this is because I am getting myself in a state!!!

Please anyone have this???

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Try and not worry. You are not having a stroke. I literally had an eye twitch for about 2 months a little while back. The most common cause of eye twitching is anxiety. The tingling will be because you are getting yourself worked up, usually happen if we start shallow breathing, so Try and relax and take deep breaths, get a drink of water and stay calm. you are fine huni it's just another of those annoying anxiety symptoms!!! Xxxx
    • Posted

Thank you, sometimes a little reassurance is just what's needed.

I didn't realise there were so many horrible symptoms to anxiety.

• Posted

I know there are loads!! You will get there tho and you will be fine. I know how it feels to panic about things like this. Stay calm and ignore the twitch, it will go away. Xxx
  • Posted

Just one of the many many symptoms of anxiety just when you get rid of one another comes along.

Try not to worry,stay strongbiggrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.