Panick attack

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I've just had a severe panick attack where I was hysterical I've calmed down from it but my body still feels worked up sick,,shaky is this normal what can I do to help calm me?? Please

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Yea it's normal, during panic we release adrenaline,and it's the effect of adrenaline that your feeling. It will subside on its own, it's not harmful, just go about your day as normal and it will pass

• Posted

They sure are, and sadly your never get used to them, no matter how little or much they happen
    • Posted

I don't take meds no, for me anxiety is a sign that there is something which needs resolved, meds can help short term,but for me I think it's better to deal with the issues and not just mask them. Psychotherapy is a great help, it can resolve issues and no side effects, it's a no brainier for me

• Posted

Do u have any meditation tips that might help my panick attacks are through the roof and I really don't want medication myself x

• Posted

All I would say is see your gp and ask for therapy,your perfectly entitled. I don't really do meditation, but I do call helplines ocassion, I find they help. Depending on where you are in the country there generally are a few. Breathing Space and Sane are good places to google,you can call and talk things through, they are very good

• Posted

Hiya, I had a panic attack today, bcos of how unwell I am & came over so weird, I do hope u feel ok, I'm yet to take meds but I also don't like meds, take care :-)

• Posted

There are some really good free downloads for hypnotherapy for anxiety, also some great guided meditatons, and also there are some to help you sleep.

Paul Mckennna does a couple which are good. Just need to find the ones you feel about.

• Posted

Is this your first one?

Yeah you will be shaky and feel sick.

I know might not sound like much, do you hav a stress reliever to squeeze, something to focus on if happens again?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.