Panick attacks

Posted , 5 users are following.

How many panick attacks do people have in a week does anybody have them every day??

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

It will vary by person, I bet there are people who have them every day to some degree. If they are happening that frequently I would suggest that persons anxiety is far from under control and could benefit from medication, combined with CBT and [take your pick] of the many other suggestions on here to manage anxiety.
  • Posted

It depends how much emergy you throw into it and your attitude towards it. If you feed into it and get scared a lot. And believe the fear it wants you too its going to suck. If you let it wash thru you and know it is a fight or flight response and nothing more then a pain in the b*tt  it will happen less often. 
  • Posted

KIRSTY

i do not know, it is like asking the length of a piece of string because everyones health and attacks are caused by many different things and situations

BOB

• Posted

Thank you for the replies just wondering as I am having 3 a week and I didn't kno if that was seriously bad I kno anxiety is bad anyway and panick attacks but I wasn't sure if people have more than that I have started CBT which I'm there on Tuesday

• Posted

Right now i get them everyday. Im getting used to the zoloft that i got on about a week ago. They say things get worse before they get better. It's a challenge everyday but i know i will get back to normal.

• Posted

There scary arnt they do you have weird thoughts while having a panick attack I do and I don't kno if this is normal??

• Posted

Its normal to have weird thoughts - you are panicking after all  - your body is getting you ready to fight or run away. Panic attacks are definitely scary, but they are also very treatable. Glad you are doing CBT - this is one of the core treatments. Learn as much as you can about it and most of all, ensure you give yourself time to apply it.

Best,

Michael

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.