Panicking;( advice?

Posted , 5 users are following.

My heart is feeling like its beating really irregular, not particularly fast but like I skip a heart beat them have a big one. It's really panicking me and making me feel a little short of breath. What is it?!

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

have you had it before ?

mine does this too i got a holter monitor and awaiting result but as mine was doing this when i was at hospital ecg came back normal ! could be a panic attack ? 

• Posted

I have had it before but not for this long, that's why its panicking me.
  • Posted

Hi Brooke,

Its fine your probably just having a panic attack. Its completely normal especially if you suffer from anxiety. Just take a few short breaths in and out every 10 seconds and see if it helps. But it would be better if you breathe in a brown paper bag as it helps more.

Hope that helpssmile

• Posted

UGH I hate when my heart skips a beat. I asked my doctor about it once as it had me very concerned. She told me it was a premature ventricular contraction or a PVC. They are very common and almost everyone has them. For those of us with anxiety, however (especially health anxiety) it is much more scary since we are hypersensitive to any little "ism" that happens to us physically. It rarely has an underlying meaning. They can be caused by alcohol intake, smoking, stress and of course ANXIETY. Not going to lie, I still freak out when I get them. But I just tell myself that everyone has them, I can just feel them more. My grandfather who is a doctor also reassured me that I am perfectly fine.
    • Posted

I get the PVC Also!! It was scary at first but then now I get use to them!

I do have hypothyroidism so not sure if that's why I get them. But I do have bad anxiety as well.

Also n

• Posted

Oops! Also not drinking enough water or a night of drinking. I get more for sure!!

Do you ever get them that sometimes it feels like it takes your breath away??

• Posted

I sometimes feel a little short of breath, feels like its pumping heart but not pumping properly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.