Panicking right now and developing a intense fear :(

Posted , 2 users are following.

I feel like such an idiot 😞 I see a myotherapist who is fantastic , (for those that do not know myotherapy is similar to acupuncture in the sense they use needle therapy in the muscles ) . Anyways my therapist is soooo lovely , I’ve seen him for over 6 months now And whatever he is doing is helping . Anyways as we are chatting I usually see him pull out the needles from my body and put them straight into the sharps container , today I noticed he was popping the used needles into a kidney bowl , which sounded to have needles already in them . At one point he almost went to pick up a needle out of the kidney bowl as we were chatty then I think he realised where his hand was and of course grabbed the needle from the new packet , anyways it got my heart racing and anxious me kicked in . What if he was distracted before and accidentally grabbed from the wrong spot while I wasn’t looking . That’s a means for blood transmission . . I didn’t make a future appointment and now I feel silly . Health anxiety always takes over 😞

This guy is amazing and I would totally offend him if I had to ask that the needles are one use only which I’m positive they would have to be but anxiety me says what if , what if !

Is anyone else like this ? I have literally come home and im in total panic mode that I’ve been getting a treatment for so long that could have a danger risk .

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.