pantoprazole.

Posted , 6 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Is anyone else on these 20mg twice a day that's noticed they have made you really hungry all the time?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Technically, they reduce the acid level in the stomach to near zero.  That is basically the trigger for the stomach to empty.  So, it could reduce transit time in some people.  I know that I had over production of acid at times that led to my stomach not emptying in reasonable time.  Perhaps, you could contact your doctor to adjust the dosage.
  • Posted

Hi,

I've been on it for 6 months now, Pantoprazole (Somac) 40mg.

I'm not noticing any increased hunger. I'm not noticing any great benefit from them either. I recently started to use them in conjuction with a low acid diet and am only now starting to see a difference. Eventually I'll taper off them and see if they're worth it.

Have you changed your diet as well? That could make you hungrier depending on what you eat.

Regards

Robert

• Posted

I just started it at 40 mg 1x  day in the morning 4 days ago....no change at all in "sour/bitter" reflux taste in my mouth but I want to give it two weeks. NO it does not make me hungry.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up