parents are way to strict pls help me

Posted , 7 users are following.

I get depressed bc of how strict my dad is the most simple little things he gets really mad he start to hit me but thats also my fault but then again it's too much what he's doing to me I just wish I could move to my friends house, my dad told me that he's tired of me that everyone's tired of me in the house and he tells me to find another place to live, tbh I feel like he expects too much from I get to do so much chores to do and when I don't do things correctly he gets mad, I wish I didn't have to do chores, but bc if chores my body gets abused I sleep late wake up early to get ready it's tiring

ugh I rather go stay with my real dad in the Philippines. 😞 But then I would really miss my friends. I don't know what to do    

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I feel for you. I kinow what being abused is like. May the best go to you.
  • Posted

honey, so sorry to hear your story. i come from an abusive background and kept everything in untill maybe three weeks ago. i just finally blew up and i feel like i've destroyed everything!

do you have siblings or relatives you can speak with? i was always too scared to bring these things up with others...but you need some help. no one should grow up to be so terrified and afraid of living. you know, i'm probably just talking about myself. maybe you do try to stop him from harming you. however things are, i hope it works out for you someway. please don't grow up a bitter emotional wreck like me.

consider going to cambodia to be safe. you sound young, you'll be able to make more friends anytime. i don't know if i've helped or not, but you are in my thoughts. great job reaching out to people! good luck...

from laura

• Posted

dear otaku, my apologies love, i meant to say Philippenes
  • Posted

Go to Philippines, make new friends, new life. You can still talk to your old friends.

Get a job. Then you can visit your old friends. Or even move back there with them.

• Posted

Hi there! I really like what Elizandro had to say.... If your Dad is willing to have you live with him, then that is what I would do. Now... how can I say this right...I'm going to TRY: there is a tendency for teens to ALL complain about parents being too strict, and one has too many chores to do...BUT if you are truly being overloaded and honestly bein physically abused... I would truly get in touch with your biological father...OR.... talk with someone in school who can put you in touch with Social Services... they could help find you a different home, a foster home.

Are you certain your friends PARENTS would actually want you living with them???? Do you have a school counselor your could talk to.... ???? If your complaints are genuine, then you really and truly deserve some kind of intervention and help. Love and good wishes to you, Otaku.

• Posted

Otaku,

I suspect this is a case where your abusive father is probably more depressed than you are.  He can't handle his emotions and reacts with rage.  He's very unhappy.

You have to find someone to talk to, someone you can count on to just be there and listen.  Be aware that if you speak to your school counselor, priest, teacher, etc., they are obligated by law to notify child protective services.  If they remove you from the home, will that help your situation?

If it's possible for you to spend some time in the Philippines, I would do it in a heartbeat.  Start that conversation and gauge what your reception will be.

I take if from your handle that you may be 15 years old.  Bear in mind that in three years you will be an adult and have either more, or fewer, alternatives.  It will all depend on how you prepare your landing zone, so think it through.

Everything good and nothing bad can happen if you focus on your studies and get food grades at school.  Make sure you are good enough to be destined for college, and then get out of the house and live on campus.  But if you don't build up your GPA then that closes one option.  Keep as many options open to you as possible.

You need a pal... start looking around for someone you can talk to.  If you have friends here that are preventing you from moving to the Philippines then certainly you can find one of them to stand by you.

Good luck,

-K

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.