paresthesia, random hot/cold sensations, but healthy optic nerve. brain tumor?

Posted , 2 users are following.

hello, please, anyone, give me your input. in your experiences, have you ever seen someone with a healthy optic nerve still have a neurological disorder? i’m a very frightened 25 year old female with no pre existing conditions and clean family history of disease, but what sent me running to the doctor was dizziness and blurred vision. GP attributed dizziness to allergies and put me on a nasal spray  (it helped.) i also followed up with my opthamologist (an MD.) there was nothing wrong with my eyes, checked the pressure and optic nerve, and gave me lubricating eye drops. slowly i started to feel more relaxed and less paranoid. but then, i developed paresthesia-like symptoms. the bridge/left side of my nose twitches on and off. sometimes it feels like there is a fluttering or a pulse in there. other times, i will feel sporadic sensations on random spots of my skin. sometimes it’s a cold/wet sensation, sometimes it’s warm. it’s a phantom sensation, not an actual temperature change. if i had to describe it, it feels like a dime size area of skin is suddenly affected, and then the feeling disappears rapidly. it scares me so much. one time i felt it on my inner thigh, a gentle warm sensation and i gasped because i thought i somehow had an accident. of course, the feeling disappears and nothing is there. 

timeline of events is as follows: 

2/18/18 - symptoms appear

3/2/18 - see doctors, CDC blood count and optic nerve and eye pressure all normal other than allergies

3/10/18- feeling better

4/1/18- paresthesia symptoms arise, bridge of my nose is twitching, i feel intermittent, random hot/cold spots on my skin that dissipate quickly and maybe random tingling

i can’t relax thinking something is terribly wrong with me. i just don’t feel like myself and this is really affecting my life, i’m always sulking because i’m so scared. i haven’t had any scans or tests other than blood count and eye exam. if these are fine, is it still possible to have a neurological problem?

i have a checkup in two weeks. i’m worried my GP will just tell me it’s all in my head and to try to relax. should i demand further testing? please give me advice. i don’t want a serious problem, i’m so young and my loved ones rely on me heavily. 

i have not had any headaches, miraculously. just the paresthesia which is making me insane and ruining me. 

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.