Paroxetine

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I'm after some help on something I'm going through. I had a depression incident some 15 years ago. I've been on 20mg of Paroxetine since, but been fine. However, i tried to come off them 2 months ago, and had withdrawl effects. Then about 3 weeks ago I had a " emotional crash", and suffered terrible anxeity / depression since. I've been put back on Paroxetine at 40mg (for 3 weeks now), I am having lots of negative thoughts, tremors, insomnia and more. Coincidently, these are possible side effects of paroxetine too. Does anyone have experience of this? 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

David

Give the medication a little bit more time to cut in, the contraindications should become less over the next few weeks

• Posted

i was on citrapram 20 mg for years ,decided to come off then the same as you,bang i was depressed worse than i was the first time now im on 40 mg citrapram and 10 mg proprnol for my anxierty and took about 6 weeks to start feeling normalish
    • Posted

Cheers Gary, nice to know a few weeks might make a massive difference
  • Posted

I was on paroxetine about 18 years ago. It was, and remains, a controversial anti-depressant. Lots of people who were/are on it have done things  - terrible things - which were contrary to their normal personalities.

I set my house on fire. A man in America stabbed his wife and children (they survived) and he won millions of dollars from the manufacturers of paroxetine.

I am not a doctor or any kind of medical professional, but I would suggest that you go back to your doctor and discuss this.

I think there are other anti-depressants that he could prescribe for you, David.

Honestly, I am shocked that paroxetine is still available.

All the best, Jasper.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.