Partner has walked away

Posted , 6 users are following.

My partner is suffering with his depression and has just walked away he had already moved out and was at his mums we were working on us but yesterday after a great day together he went all funny and left then this morning he is not at his mums so we all panicked to find out he is somewhere clearing his head his brother knows where but I don't it's killing me all i want to do is help him but he shuts me out then says we should split because he keeps hurting me and he can't see anything else to do we have a 4 year old who it is upsetting and I love him to much to just walk away what can I do its dragging me down too x

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

natasha

You where on site several days ago I seem to recall.

All I can do is wait or call Him out, He has obligations for you and His son, however this may push the other way, I think I mentioned something like that in the past.

Have words with His Mother and find out what the situation is, She may be able to find out where He has gone from the Brother. We all can hide, give a bit more time, however when push comes to shove He needs to make a decision.

Is He having CBT ? Sad to say you will possibly make that decision to protect your Son and you.

BOB

• Posted

He is waiting for cbt he is on waiting list his mum is older and has no clue have spoken to her and she knows he is safe and taking time to her that's fine. There is not much I can do but wait as his phone is off and I don't know where he is

• Posted

I am always around to talk when needed

It is all unsatisfactory, you will be waiting for Him, I personally would be looking for His decision 

Keep a hold

BOB

• Posted

Hi. Sometimes a person with depression has so many thoughts going through their head it panics them into what is known as flight and this makes them want to run away because they are going through so many thoughts and feelings they dont know what to believe is true Unfortunately it is usually

the person closest that suffers.I hope your your partner gets the help he needs and you get some news soon x

• Posted

That's what he keeps saying his head is all over the place and he can't think or feel anything it's like it's all to much I'm scared he will just give up on us and walk away which will kill me as I love him so much x

• Posted

Natasha, I can understand what your partner is going through.There came a time 6 years ago,when I went through a terrible depression that lasted a year ,that I felt that I was no good to my wife any longer. We had been married over 25 years with kids and a successful and happy life and then the depression hit.It was so bad I told my wife to divorce me as I was no good to her anymore.This hurt her extremely badly as she couldn't understand. When someone gets down with depression ,they feel useless and worthless.They don't want to hurt others but they don't think they will get better.Keep highlighting his good points and qualities and that he is a good man.He should probably seek professional help or speak to a trusted friend.He will get through ,he needs to fight through and do positive things when he doesn't want to.He will get through.I did.Encourage him to break the negative thought patterns.

• Posted

Thank u for reply I am trying but it's always me he seems to walk away from no matter how much support I give him. When my son was born over 4 years ago we lost each other I became cold and he felt unloved so Oct last year he walked out which made me realise how much I loved him and how much we both needed to change so we tried again and it's been amazing better than ever but he says he does not miss me like he use to when we met 8 years agoand still needs to be living at his mums because he needs space so in his eyes he don't love me yet he says he enjoys spending time with me and being close to me and he always wants me in his life but he is panicking and running because he thinks it's not love but could that be the depression mixing all his feelings up? This time he has ran from his son too normally he would still see him but he ain't doing that either x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.