Passed out for the first and panic about it happening again!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've had health anxiety for as long as i can remember i think my first panic attack was at age 10. I remember every night pacing the floor thinking i was having a heart attack. my fear stayed mostly around a heart condition for many years. When i graduated high school i had a complete come apart and my obsession switched from physical ailments to mental ailments (developing schizophrenia or psychosis). I was diagnosed then in my first encounter with a psychiatrist to have OCD .

FAST FORWARD to my main concern now. in december i woke up one night with chills and a cough i was sure i had the flu. i went to the urgent care and actually passed out in the waiting room, this was my first time ever experiencing passing out. I'm constantly afraid of passing out again especially while driving.I start to panic and have the same symptoms again. has anyone else dealt with this? I had a EKG and complete bloodwork done twice by the urgent care and again from my PCP it all came back normal?? why did i faint?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

when we panic we over breath so that could be why u passed out xxx

• Posted

Hi lisa thanks for the reply. when i passed out i wasn’t in a panic i was just sitting in the waiting room. the Dr thought I had a vasovagal response from being sick. i guess when I have panic attacks now and get dizzy it adds fuel to the Fire

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.