Patient

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi guys,  suffering with Gall Stones only found out a month ago when admitted to Hospital, also at the same time had an infected Gallbladder...was diagnosed after having a ultrasound scan, they requested i had an Mri scan 4 weeks after which i have now had ! to be told that i have 2 large gallstones and also they have found a cyst!!! to which i am concerned??? got an appt to go back on 15th December for a follow up

But at the moment i am struggling to eat much get very full easily and feel bloated as though i have lots of wind

Is anyone else experiencing same symptoms ?? 

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, I was admitted 3 weeks ago, found out I had gallstones after an ultrasound scan, also found out I had 2 stones stuck in my bile tube, which was very painful. Had an MRI as well as an ERCP, which was an endoscopy with another tool, which moved the Stuck stones and sucked as many as they could see out. They also cut a slit in my tube at the bottom to allow anymore stones to go through freely. I am now waiting for my gallbladder to be removed, but it is really swollen so got to wait for it to go down so I can have it done by keyhole, I going through our private healthcare as the hospital said that it could be months for a consultation then months after for the operation on NHS! I have another private appt mid Jan then hopefully having the operation a week or so after. I have never been in so much pain, I wasn't eating, making myself sick just to ease the pain, so I do sympathise with you all! I feel better now but still not 100% as my liver function is still really high so got chronic back ache! Have you tried peppermint cordial, warm, I found it eased everything a little. I'm too on a low fat diet, but not eating like I should as constantly looking at the fat!! Eating lots of low fat yogurts, rice cakes and porridge! Exciting not! Was looking forward to eating all those Yummy goodies st Christmas but don't want that horrible pain again! Try to stay positive, I am really trying but so hard! X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.