Paxil withdrawal and need to move my leg??

Posted , 2 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Ok, so it has been 6 days now that I am off Paxil!!!!

I've been on 20mgs for the past 8 years. 

I started by tapered it down and my last dose I took was 6 days ago of 5mg. 

I might have tapered off a bit quickly and it's no walk in the park getting off that stuff, but I now feel like the withdrawals are getting less and less everyday and I'm feeling great. 

However the last 2 nights I have had the oddest sensation to move my right left. It's so annoying and effecting my sleep. It's like right above my knee on the front of my leg has this slightly burning/bug crawling sensation and it relieved right when I move my leg and then it starts over again in about 5 minutes . On the right leg. 

Today during the day it's slightly bothering me, but unfortunately I've been stuck at a desk sitting. I find some relief when I get up and move. 

I've heard of restless leg syndrome, but I find it odd that this all the sudden started after coming off Paxil so wondering if anyone else has had this happen and it's just a temporary withdrawal symptom? 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Kathleen 

I think your leg problems may be to do with excessive stimulation of the nerve endings because I'm getting this too along with awful back ache & sometimes feel like I'm fighting a cold but it comes to nothing ? Could this all be down to withdrawal symptoms? I'm currently on 2.5mg & today was the first day that's been badotherwise ive been ok for weeks! How long did it take you to come off seroxat? You say you were on 20mg for 8 years & reduced quite quickly ? Maybe it's to do with your nerves adjusting to the sudden change? 

Sorry I can't be more helpful but I'm sure the 2 are related as I experience this too & it's awful you don't know where to put yourself mine always happens at night too x do you take sleeping pills because they can cause this too x Hope this gets better for you 🤗🦋

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.