PCOS Symptoms giving me low self esteem

Posted , 5 users are following.

I get excessive hair growth under my chin which I have to pluck every day. It's so frustrating because the process takes so long and makes me late to go everywhere but if I don't pluck for one day, the stubs will show and it's obviously embarrassing for a female. What can I do? Contraceptive pill? Laser treatment? Hair inhibiting lotion? 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi there!! I have the same problem!! Sooo not cool. I hate plucking... I've gotten really lazy and just straight shave it!! I don't have time for it!! I tryed nair... But didn't work... Maybe try waxing?!

• Posted

The problem with waxing is that you have to let it grow out first which looks really unattractive. I have to use so much time and energy to keep the hair growth under control. I can't miss a day of plucking or stubs will show. I gotta look into the laser treatment to kill the follicles and prevent regrowth. I also may need to balance my hormones.

• Posted

The problem with waxing is that you have to let it grow out first which looks really unattractive. I have to use so much time and energy to keep the hair growth under control. I can't miss a day of plucking or stubs will show. I gotta look into the laser treatment to kill the follicles and prevent regrowth. I also may need to balance my hormones.

• Posted

Can't you use one of those little round shavers or epillators? 

Slightly larger than a cigarette.  Costs about $20.00

I use mine all the time.

• Posted

How long does it take for the hair to grow back?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.