Peeing more..

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have noticed that I'm peeing abit more than uaual, I don't think I am drinking anymore than normal

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Oops didnt finish what I was saying, I juat wondered if this was a meno symptom, I have been on some meal replacement things for a couple of days, so I dont know if they would cause that.
  • Posted

Oops didnt finish what I was saying, I juat wondered if this was a meno symptom, I have been on some meal replacement things for a couple of days, so I dont know if they would cause that.
  • Posted

I am the same....it seems to be midcycle and its like being pregnant....my bladder is so full all the time. I also got burning when I went to the loo too. I had a test at the doctors thinking I had UTI but nothing showed. Then it disappears. Weird....it has to be to do with hormone changes.
    • Posted

I must admit for years I've had more urgency to go and more frequent urination mid cycle. It's like everything is super sensitive then and can sometimes sting a bit.

• Posted

With the burning could that not have been a water infection? That would cauae thoae symptoms, I dont have the burning and my ovaries out, so no cycles but I suppose lack of hormones could play havoc with waterworks!
  • Posted

Yes, it's part of the process. It doesn't go away fast enough. It's also very annoying especially at night. My bladder I think got smaller.

• Posted

Oh OK I thought perhaps it was, I will stop the meal replacement to see if calms down Aswell
  • Posted

Are you taking the meal replacements as a weight loss plan? Maybe there is a diuretic in the ingredients, which would give the impression of weight loss, but is really a loss of fluid. Just a thought x
    • Posted

Yes I was just to loose abit of weight, pwrhapa it has diuretic in it and also I suppose we loose fluid before the fat!
    • Posted

Hopefully the fluid helps flush out the fat! A little bit of weight loss certainly makes us feel better and clothes look better. Good luck x
  • Posted

Yeah... its like your temporarily diabetic or pregnant but not. Of course now the size of my belly lately you'd think otherwise. I also think the bladder shrinks as you get older. Gets harder to control the urgencies too.

• Posted

I do that I think its one of the traits of the menapause pinkcat x just another tthing to add to the list lol

• Posted

Hi Pinkcatfairy. Could be a couple of things... poss water retention at certain times in cycle makes you pee alot-if you're bloated too it puts pressure on your bladder which would make you pee more. Also when you attempt any diet/weight loss routine, the first thing you lose is water. When I've been on diets before, i definately pee'd more!! Hope this helps hun'. xxx

• Posted

Yes thanks, I am on holiday and off diet at mo and it has calmed down, back to diet after holiday and hopefully loose abit more then, I think it was water loss x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.