Pelvic Floor Theropy

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all.  I have been dealing with pelvic pain for many years now and was always prescribed antibiotics that never really seemed to cure the problem.  Six months ago the pain became so severe and the antibiotiics seemed to be making it worse.  I was informed by a new urologist I was seeing that I should try physical theropy for my pelvic pain.  Two months ago I started my PT and after about six weeks the pain was getting better and I was able to do more things than I had been able to do in many months and the ice packs were left on ice for two weeks.  Unfortunately the pain has come back in full force after seemingly pushing myself physically to soon.  Has anyone else experienced remission and then the on set of pain again.  Is it just a coincidence that the pain went away after starting physical theropy or did I just push myself to hard and the physical theropy really did work and will continue to work if I take things slower.  Stressing myself out again over this pain and just looking for some reassurance.  Thank You in advance for any insight anyone can give me on this.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Curly,

I was having muscle spasms when I urinated due to alot of catheter work that was done.  I think it was wounds in the urethra that became painful when the acidic urine passed over them.  The muscles reacted by tightening up making urination more difficult.   I found that going to the gym and doing exercises like deep knee bends with light weight, abdominal exercises, and stretching the muscles around the groin area helped, and made urination almost normal, at least temporarily.

Thomas

• Posted

I think my situation is a little different but thank you.  Exercise was always one of my go to's when pain started in the past but it seems to have gone past that this time that is why I started physical therapy.

• Posted

Dont Forget stretching s Just As important as exercise. There is a book named " head ache in you pelvis" or something like this.

• Posted

In my post I mentioned that I am doing physical therapy now which includes stretching.     I am also trying to do as much exercise as I can without causing myself more pain. The point of my original post was to see if people have a rollercoaster type recovery where symptoms seem to improve greatly and then revert back to severe pain again.  Or am I just going through short periods of remission and the therapy is really not working.
  • Posted

I also have chronic non bacterial prostatitis (or chronic pelvic pain syndrome ) some people swear by pelvic floor excercises, I’ve tried it but it doesn’t seem to work for me. But I can confirm that my condition flairs up for lengthy periods ( 5 months last time ) and can disappear for a couple of years . Personally anxiety really causes my pain to flair up ( usual prostatitis pain around the testicles, lower abs, perineum , and in the rectum ) 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.