Pelvic pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I'm 5 week oat op for a@p repair and today have really bad stomach and back pain. My period is not due for another 2 weeks. My stitches are coming through surface now too and causing a lot of discomfort. Has anybody else felt pelvis pain? Bit worried as last op in May failed x

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

caroline you could be starting your period early because pelvic floor or any gynaecology surgery can cause the menstrual cycle to go haywire so to speak.
    • Posted

Matron, it really doesn't feel like period pain and last month I came on to the day. Went out for a walk yesterday for the first time. Feeling a bit tearful after last op failed, scared to death that it's happening again x

• Posted

I'm sure it's not failing again caroline and the reason I think that is because you're in pain. Very often when a repair fails you don't tend to get a lot of pain so rest and take some pain relief. If it continues you can always see your GP or contact your surgeon. Please try not to worry, I know that's difficult because you've been so disappointed after your first operation but if it feels like period pain that's probably what it is xx

• Posted

I also had a failed repair. The second surgeon was a urogynecologist.  The first was a urologist.  Had lots of pain after t.he second sucessful surgery, not much with the first failed surgery.  Second was 6 months after the first.  Am I saying the pain is a good sign...maybe.   Matron my dispute it.  Good luck..been there.  Hugs and prayersxx
    • Posted

You're right dorothy the pain is a good sign that's why I don't think the repair has failed. I didn't realise you had a failed operation as well but pleased you saw a urogynaecologist for the second repair. I do go on a lot about the importance of a urogynaecologist operating but they are definitely the best qualified.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.