Penile pain after RP

Posted , 8 users are following.

I am now in week 3 after RP and have a pain at the end of my penis, is this normal?

My doctor tells me it is but I think its getting worse?

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'm not sure if that is normal. I never had any pain there after my RP. If it continues to get worse, I would certainly ask another urologist.

• Posted

Have same pain. Had RP last Mar. Severe pain on pelvic cavity and penis. Went to 4 other Dr.s all said was nerve damage as I had extensive scare dissue from old surgeries. Pretty sure my Dr didn't have the expertise too handle this. He didn't treat for pain until I threaten him in his office. Put me on Gabapentin which helped. Took 4 months to get better and then he pressured me to go to radiation and after 6 sessions I ended up back to worse pain than before. Also gave me a hormone shot at that worked as my psa went down from 1.77 after surgery to 0>1 after two months. Now seeing a med oncology dr who said he would not have removed my prostate without trying hormone treatment or other treatments available. He said he certainly would not have sent me to radiation as he said that only helps 30% of all who have it done!! I am now back on pain meds and working on keegles to get continen again. Had A choline pet scan and was clean. I hope these med oncology dr run these butching urologist out of business!!!

• Posted

Were you given an antibiotic when you started with the catheter? Does it burn when you pee?
  • Posted

Hi Mark,same for me,right at 3 weeks-it just seems sore at the head ,wondering if its post cathadar soreness,or the nurse yanked to hard to get foley off or its simply because my penis is not used to a normal urine flow as my old prostate left me basically dribbling urine--of course it could be an infection ...My major concern though, is a feeling of not emptying my bladder entirely which is leading to leakage whenever I sit down,get in a car or tilt my body.Also,despite sparring half my nerves I have had no action down there at all.
  • Posted

I'm just starting my fifth week after RP and I did not have much pain at the end of my penis. Catheter was removed after 7 days.  Occasionally, I have a slight pain in what seems to be the urethra in my penis, but I could be wrong.  My post-op discomforts was/is the itching of my sack and such, due in part to the incontinence, which is getting a little better. The docs tell me that patients know best what ails them. If your pain is persistent and is not getting better, then make sure the doc knows. Hang in there. You'll feel better..

• Posted

thanks for the reply--for all I know its just the rubbing of the protective pad on my penis

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.