Penile Thursh

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

I've been experiencing symptoms of Thrush for around a week and a half now. Sore and itchy head of penis. No other symptoms.

I've taken a fluconazole tablet and have been using Clotimazole cream but it is still there.

Is there anything else that I could take, or can a doctor prescirbe something stonger

Thanks very much

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Sorry for the mis-spelling in the title. Penile Thrush
  • Posted

Sounds as if you have done all you need if indeed it is thrush.  Persevere and if it does not get better within a few days go to doctor.

S/he might diagnose that it is something else ...

I have had that as a violent reaction to Trimethiprim [which I now cannot take]

Think "scarlet" if you will

• Posted

Have you recently had a sexual encounter inclusing oral sex, since you started having symptoms?

What other symptoms do you have? Why do you think it is thrush? Did a doctor test you and it came back positive for thrush?

• Posted

Hi. I received oral sex from my partner around three weeks ago.

No other symptoms other than the itching at all.

No discharge, pain when urinating, sores or anything else. Just the itching. I have had thrush before, it has just cleared up sooner than this previously

• Posted

Herpes presents itself very differently in everyone. Over 80% of people arw unaware they ha e it, because they are asymptomatic or have symptom's so minimal that do not present what you read on line, that they are clueless. Sometimes I have redness, burning and itching during a recurrent outbreak and no visible sores. All depends on how your body handles it. Find out if she's ever had cold sores. And yes, it can spread w no symptoms present.
  • Posted

Again - regarding feelbroken - if you are in UK then it is not likely that a doctor will initially do any "test". S/he may glance at it precribe something and see if it goes away!

If it doesn't then some way down the line then you might get some sort of test

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.