Penis pain during ejaculation folling simple open prostatectomy

Posted , 2 users are following.

Since my surgery May 2, 2018 (now July 30, 2018) I have occasional pain through the full lemgth of penis during orgasims. Has anyone else experienced this? What is causing it? Will it go away? This is the only negative side effect of surgery. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Following not Folling
  • Posted

Hey Gary.  I did not have this surgery I did a look up to see if I could find out for you,  Did you have your whole prostate removed and they did it through your stomach.  Did the doctor do nerve sparing on you.  It said in this one article that a open prostatectomy is the worst you can have that the side effects are more severe. Also was this for prostate cancer.  If you are not having any problems with anything else from the surgery I would count my blessing.  Also remember it has only been a couple of month's the pain may go away in time.  Just relax  and don't over dew.  I am going to keep on looking to see if I can find out anything else.  Take care  Ken  PS  You must have a had a very good doctor..  

• Posted

Ken, I just found this on the internet:

Pain With Climax 

"Up to 20% of men after radical prostatectomy will experience pain with climax, which is perceived in the penis, testes or the rectum. Although with time both the intensity and frequency of pain typically decrease, a small percentage of men will have persistent pain with climax that persists beyond several years following the surgery." 

I did not have a RADICAL PROSTATECTOMY.  By the way the incontinence that was cured with surgery was URINARY incontinence.

• Posted

Gary I did see that but I was looking at open Prostatectomy like you  said but I think you are doing very well.  Your a lucking guy  Ken  
    • Posted

Your prostate was very large.  He kind of did a Holep procedure.  That is what happen when they do Holep.  They get rid of the inside and leave the shell  Good for you.  A good doctor helps with any procedure  Ken 
  • Posted

Yes, he is a good doc. He did not remove everything. He left the "shell of the prostate." He did it for VERY LARGE Bph not cancer. Upon biopsy, they found about 5 percent of the prostate that was removed to have cancer at Gleason 7 (3+4). He said that if he did a biopsy prior to surgery they would not have found cancer in a 263 gr prostate. He said it was like a needle in a haystack kind of thing. This pain thing is the only side effect of the surgery. The surgery CURED my incontinence and CURED my constipation. I pee like a teenager now. I can pee up to 24 oz max. Oddly enough, I experience the pain 80% of the time with my partner and 20% of the time when "I do it myself", it you know what I mean.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.