Penis skin problem

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone, 28 years old male here.

I've had an issue with the skin of my penis, both the foreskin and inside skin. I've had this thing for literally years now, i've accepted it as something normal but after researching a bit for the first time ever, i found out a lot of similar issues on the internet forums.

The problem is basically a small ring-shaped growth at the top of the shaft region, right below the head. I experience little to now itching at all, also no pain or physical discomfort with it.

Main symptoms that i have is the skin becoming red (sometimes bright red even), especially after masturbation or showering with hot water, and the foreskin and skin becoming swollen along with the redness. All of the affected area is in pink/normal color most of the time but it gets to bright red with the smallest amounts of stimulation or after/during masturbation.

I am fairly certain that whatever i have is a direct result of me having poor hygiene as a kid, but its just now that im taking action towards fixing my problem. Ive decided to finally go to the doctor and get it checked, but i wanted to see what i have here first.

Im posting some pictures, ive taken them when the skin is irritated (after masturbation) and the symptoms are occuring.

4 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

In terms of this: " a small ring-shaped growth at the top of the shaft region " - I see nothing that is unusual.

The thing that should not be happening is the redness you get. The starting point you need to put in place from now on is that the only thing that contacts your foreskin and the head of your penis is water ONLY for washing and hygiene purposes. Then make sure the area is fully dried afterwards. NO HOT WATER - ever! This is VERY harmful to the skin on the head and inner-foreskin - which is basically, much more sensitive than skin elsewhere on your body.

So, go see the doctor and update your Forum Post here after that .....

• Posted

I went to a see a dermatologist/veneorologist and they had me tested for a whole bunch of STD's and everything came back normal and negative which was out of the question anyway... The doctor recommended a bunch of intimate shower gels for me to use , so basically nothing has changed in my situation at all, except for the fact that i know for sure that i have nothing sexually transmitted and i more and more believe i have balanitis/balanoposthitis , since i see a lot of similarities between what i have and what is described for that condition online...

I wonder what i should do to treat it then.

• Posted

looks like your over washing

try not using soap just clean with warm water and pat dry

try not to masturbate or have sex for awhile.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.