People don’t understand ... how bad this is

Posted , 25 users are following.

I think there’s quite a big disparity in women’s symptoms on here . I’m at a 10 with this which means I can’t do normal things like socialize . I see some women writing that they went out met friends went to a game . 

I am debilitated . I am constantly tired from the moment I wake up I’m just waiting for the clock to tick so I can go back to bed . I believe women who never had children get it worse. 

I appreciate all the comments and caring as some ladies have said ‘move closer to your family ‘ etc. but I don’t think they understand that I can’t do barely anything . 

5 likes, 96 replies

96 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

Please don't think that I don't understand. I was totally where you are not so long ago. Extremely sick. I got hit very hard August 2016, thought I wasn't going to make it. Seriously, that's how sick I was. So for me to be able to go to a baseball game and feel like a near normal person is a very big deal. I still feel sick every day, there isn't one day where I feel like I used to. I still look around and marvel at how well everyone else around me seems to be and wonder why I can't feel that way too. But I have come a long way from 2016 and at least I can function now. There is hope. I no longer feel like I'm dying, however the anxiety still pangs from time to time when I start to question if I do have something more seriously wrong. 

All of us on this forum are at different stages in meno. It's always good to hear when women, who were rock bottom physically or mentally or both, start doing better. The longer you are on the forum you will begin to see too. But don't ever for one minute think we don't understand. We are the only ones who really do! 

You will start to get better, I promise. It just really rots. 

XOXO

• Posted

Hi Suzanne

Im exactly the same, been ill for so long that even when you've come a little way along you feel better and can summon up the confidence to get out of the house. I've been working on this for 20 years and if I've managed to go shopping without feeling like I'm going to keel over into the frozen peas, it's a good day smile Good for you xx

• Posted

Hi Suzanne. I am so with you. I've no children and this has hit me like nothing else. A hysterectomy at 37 with ovaries still in , no a doc or consultant discussed my future or how I would feel. Like you I feel sick many of my days and still have dark days too.My stomach is up and down and get constant migraines but am moving forward and I am seeing change and longer times between episodes and my joy has gradually come back. Right now I'm preparing to move home and relocate with my husband and my anxiety has hit the roof.. My mind is scared and dark but I know its due to change and my hormones... But we will and do get through this, but when you are in it, it so hard and scary.. Thx for sharing... Good post to read and share.. Thank you. 💗 CK

• Posted

I’m so happy to hear you got through a very tough time and I think once you do you’ll never forget that dark period it’s like another trauma that stays with you and you have to heal from that trauma as well as trying to get through meno . 

I love to hear positive stories it gives me hope as I’ve been debilitated for more than 2 months now . 

• Posted

Perfectly stated, Suzanne. I sooo needed to read your words today...it's been one of the "all symptoms" days for me. Mental fog. dizzy. emotionally drained, sleepy then anxious, hungry then sour stomach.

I just wish my mom was here to hug me and say you'll be ok. She lived to be 94 and just passed April 23rd..

so there's that , too.....

just yuck, ya know?

Hugs to everyone here...

• Posted

Ah Katy, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I wish I could be there to give you a hug! 

May we all live to see 94 God willing. 

Love ya!

• Posted

Well 94 is a great age and bodes well for you !

I wonder how they coped in their era? I know they worked much harder than we do and I know my grandma didn’t have things like washing machine dryers.... how did they do it ? 

My mom is6000 miles away and yes I keep saying ‘I want my mommy ‘ 😩

• Posted

Haha! I think I've almost keeled over in the frozen peas too! 

I guess feeling awful is now my new normal. But I'm still better than where I was back then and I'll take it for now. 

XOXO

• Posted

Hi Carol, I'm glad you bring that up. I'm the same, I finally am finding joy in things again. For so long nothing looked good, nothing. Thank goodness the depression lifted and I'm not all consumed by anxiety anymore. (still have anxious moments, but..)

Good luck with your move. You got this girl!!

XO

• Posted

Thank God !some good news. Give us all hope Suzanne .... waiting for that day . I’m a clothesaholic and you know something ain’t right when I have no interest at all. 

No interest in men either and I’m single ! 

• Posted

They were and are the real super "sheroes"....and never spoke about it!

Ok...deep breaths... power on through this, girls!!

• Posted

Suzanne

Very well written

We all DO understand and we are at different stages of menopause/peri etc.

Its not just one person its a whole group of women who are deallng with this at different levels.

For certain some women get hit harder than others but none of our symptoms should be minimalized, we all feel the struggle. I wish for me i was in the 75% of women who have a few things going on and thats it, but im not, ive been throttled by this mentally and physically and im plugging through everyday.

Go Team Meno..!

x0x0x

• Posted

Well said Mauiblue... I ain't in the 75% either...but I have this group of women to turn to.. Ck.. 😉

• Posted

Proud of you for your strength ..... it hit me so hard I’ve been basically ill and housebound for 3 months . I just got divorced too so it wasn’t a great time to go through all this. I now live alone and don’t work so have been going a bit crazy . Trying to keep busy around the house and forcing myself to work out even though I’m exhausted . I just keep thinking this will pass soon and I can get some kind of life back . 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.