People tell me I look so thin

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been on prozac for almost 3 months. My apetite comes and goes. I still get nauseous. Mornings are really bad. I get more concerned when family and friends tell me I look sick. Thin. Im a size 1 but have lost more weight since proxac. And cant seem to gain any more.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Do you feel any better at all after 3 months Clay? I've lost a tonne of weight too but started to get my appetite back. I was then upped a dose and lost it again. I've had a runny tummy for months sad Have you been on the same dose for 3 months?

• Posted

Yes still on 20mg. Still get the runs at times. Nausea still there specially mornings. Im taking ambien to help me sleep. Anxiety still there. I have a 16 year old and having a lot of problems w him. He has a drinking problem. So got him into rehab. I guess that worsens the anxiety.
  • Posted

You might need a higher dose Clay. Once it is working you'll be able to face the issues in your life more easily. You certainly have a lot on your plate. It would make anyone anxious for sure. I upped and I feel much better after 21 days or so and have less anxiety. However we're all different so no guarantees.

• Posted

How long did it take after you upped your doze to see a difference. How is your sleep.
    • Posted

Dom,

You are very strong dealing with the insomnia.  Yesterday I worked half a day and went to 2 appointments.  I would have never been able to do all of that even a few days earlier, so I know it is doing something.

• Posted

About 18 days I think Clay. My sleep is beyond awful. It got worse when I upped but I sense it is getting slightly better, and I really do mean slightly. Meanwhile I've been on addictive Zopiclones.

• Posted

Wow Stacey look at you! So how are you sleeping? You've had a huge improvement.

I know mine will pass (I think) because I was sleepy on Prozac last time around, but then I think if I was sleepy on it was I depressed in some way ... might be the wrong med for me compared to another but don't think I'll be switching in a hurry.

• Posted

Sleep has been better lately, hopefully it will stay ok.  Every day is different, so hopefully it will be better for you too.
    • Posted

"Every day is different" ... I know, it's crazy. I just want to be consistent, and sleep too smile.

• Posted

I wish I could give you more info on help for sleep.  I didn’t sleep well when I took Effexor, so my expectations are low for sleeping through the night.  I usually wake up several times.  I’ve had a couple good days, so hoping it continues.
    • Posted

Hi Dom how are you doing? Hopefully better.
    • Posted

Hi Clay,

How are you doing?  I went up to 60 last week, so feeling shaky, and up and down.

• Posted

Hi Clay,

Appetite will come back eventually, it takes a while.  I have the same problem.  Last time I was so thin, and people said the same thing.  As long as you eat what you can, you will be fine.  I really think people say that because they wish they were thin.  This was my experience over 20 years ago, nothing happened to me, and I went on to get married and have 2 kids.  It will take some time, but it will come back.  This time I’m losing weight again, and I started out as a 4, I’ve lost 10 pounds already.  The Dr is not worried at all.  Please don’t let it get to you, be strong and tell them this is where you are now and you are going to be fine.  

• Posted

Try to eat. This med works better if you eat as per my dr. He wouldn’t give it to me until I started eating. I wasn’t able to eat because of gallbladder problems.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.