Peri and High BP

Posted , 9 users are following.

any ladies have high bp even when medicated?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Edited

yes my blood pressure goes all over the place. i also take meds for it, sometimes its 140/85, other times when i take it its 95/74. taking it makes me nervous thou so that is probably why it goes up. also when i go to the drs it goes up. crazy....then when i get nervous i get palpitation, it just never seems to end.

• Posted

I would have thought being medicated it would be stable. Like you my BP goes through the roof at the doctors

• Posted

Since perimenopause my BP has been high and low. From 170/98 to 98/70, I have to monitor my BP two times a day. Most days its low 112/72 and I don't take meds on those days. As advised by my doctor as it drops too low. But some days I get headache and when I check its gone up. And it brings anxiety as its scary from one low reading to a high reading few hours later. I've seen many doctors regarding this and still no answers. I can't take my BP meds every day as if its low it makes me dizzy with the meds.

Its so depressing as high BP is dangerous and I never know when it will spike.

• Posted

My goodness that is high BP, mine does the same though, like you these spikes make me so anxious

• Edited

Yes it does bring on anxiety. Yesterday I had chest and arm pain. Doctors did an ECG. It was borderline. However she says it's nothing to worry about, she thinks it's the anxiety.

• Posted

Your doctor thinks anxiety may have caused the borderline result?

• Posted

I had an ecg with an abnormal result. I had T inversions. Not sure what that even means

• Edited

yep i do on meds mine seems to go up on cycle week and ovulation week sick of all this crap

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.