Peri and itchy skin please help

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi Ladies,

has anyone experienced an all over body itch. Its driving me mad and really making me worry which means the anxiety has hit like a freight train, I'm also feeling very nauseous. The itch has been in and off for 2 days now. Please please tell me I'm not going insane, or dying!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mariam,

you are not going to die and you are not going insane, either! The itching is just another of the list of wonderful symptoms and will calm down....Eventually. I have it again when I thought that was another symptom that had gone, so it can come back! I've had relief from it for quite a while now, but as I said, it's back at the moment. Try to tell yourself that it's your hormones playing up, and try not to scratch. I convinced myself I had shingles the other night and even head lice ( which I don't! ) as your mind goes into overdrive. I have tried a proprietary cream to calm it down, but I can't put it everywhere that there is an itch, so I am trying to ignore it....not working really, but we have to try. Keep your chin up, it won't kill us....It will just make people avoid us as they will think we have something contagious! !!

• Posted

Thanks for reply supemack, at least I feel like I'm not alone x

• Posted

you are definitely not alone! I'm itching like crazy mainly my head, neck, legs and arms it is driving me insane it is driving me insane.

• Posted

I'm relieved it's not just me, had myself convinced I had all sorts of unimaginable diseases, the anxiety that goes along with peri is horrific! Hope you feel better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.