Peri /aniety and feeling on edge

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi Ladies

hope everyone is well 🙏 sorry if I'm asking a repeat question, but was wondering If anyone else has issues with Anxiety and a feeling of being on edge ? I sometimes wonder if this is really a normal symtom of perimenopause ?? I'm finding it hard to believe that I would feel this way because of of hormone changes ? Also does anyone know if it likely to go once Menopause is reached ?

Thank you 

Debbie x

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I do feel like that every now and again, usually probably about once a month. Its a feeling like I used to get when I was about to come on my period only intensed massively. Its like everything feel just too much nd everything is a BIG deal. I think its quite normal but if your feeling like this every day then I would go and see you GP. I feel your pain xxx  
    • Posted

Hi Nora

Thank you for replying ! Fortunately it's not all the time, I just wondered if I'm going mad or its common to feel this way.  xx

• Posted

Hi Debbie.

I was having this a lot until I started taking vitamin B6 and B12. They really have made a difference and I would recommend them if you are not already taking them.

Helen.

• Posted

what is normal?  everybody seems to have different symptoms.  I've not had hot flushes yet and i'm approaching 1 year without a period ( on new yer eve) so according to all my research my menopause is over when I've not had a period for a year. I deal with it by just telling myself " this is ok, it menopause and it will pass" mine normlly passes within about 2 - 3 days and sometimes only lasts a day.  xx

• Posted

Hi Helen,

Thank you for your reply, they are both in an iron supplement I take but I think the dose may not be high enough ? I've been searching for a liquid version ? Would be grateful if you know of one.

Many thanks xxx Debbie!  have a lovely day

• Posted

Debbie. Try Busy B at Holland and Barrett. ÂŁ6 ish for a months supply.

Helen x

• Posted

I would advise you to try vitamin b which my gp recommended for me and it works. You have to take it for a month to get the full effect and then you have to keep taking it.

You need a high dose and I use vitabiotics menopace which includes vit b among other things, but you may be able to get just the vitamin b or an own-brand version of menopace, and that would be cheaper.

I have always got this feeling exactly as you describe just before a period in the past so i know it is related to hormones, if i dont take the vitamins it returns anytime now in menopause.

The vitamins can seem expensive but better than other options e.g. alcohol or tranquilisers or being on edge and biting peoples heads off smile.

• Posted

Hi Gillmm

thank you for your kind advice xx I take vitabiotics B12 in a liquid also with iron ? Maybe not a high enough dosage ?

Debbie x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.