Peri anxiety update

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi ladies just thought I would let u all know I've now been on antidepressants for my awful anxiety and depression for 4 and a half weeks, and I'm starting to feel like my old self, it's still early days but for the past week I've noticed it's dulled somewhat considerably, I'm also taking menopace viobotics for the other symptoms, but the anxiety for me was the worse, like so many of us on here I became a different person very suddenly, almost a prisoner in my own home, but now my thoughts and mood are changing for the better, to all the ladies who are thinking of or scared to try antidepressant please give it a go, after the initial side affects and a few weeks if patience, for me it's paying of x

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi! Good to know! I started on Zoloft so I hope it helps. Mind me asking which antidepressant your taking?
    • Posted

Hi Dee Dee I'm on sertraline which I think is the same as Zoloft x

• Posted

I am so glad you are starting to feel better!  That is great news and gives hope to us anxiety ridden women!  I started on Prozac around 3 and 1/2 weeks ago and I have noticed that it has made difference as well!  I was reluctant to start one, because in the past I had trouble getting through the first week.  This time I hung with it and am very glad I did.  I am not quite back to my old self, but I am no longer a prisoner in my own home or suffering panic attacks.  

Like you, the anxiety attacks were the worst part for me.  Absolutely horrific.  My doctor told me that it takes around six weeks to feel the full effects, but it is definitely a step in the right directionsmile

• Posted

That's great news Karen, yes my doc said it gets better the longer your on it, it's just nice to have a glimmer of hope in this awful period of our lives x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.