peri depression and anxiety. Anyone tried st johns wort?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi ladies

Anyone tried st johns wort for peri depression and anxiety.

Ive been off my AD three weeks and not doing so well.

Just got st johns wort and would love to hear if anyone has benefited from it x

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I can't take it because it interacts with my medicine. I would like to. Please let me know if it helps you!
    • Posted

I will let you know. I cant take it till my AD has been out of my system for four weeks. So one more week to go x
  • Posted

I tried St.Johns but it didn't help. Im now on Rhodiola Rosea, a natural antidepressant to Zoloft. So far no depression but it takes a while like anything to build in your system. Hoping after it builds, no more anxiety and shortness of breath.
    • Posted

I've heard a lot about that. Does it calm you down though. Ive read reviews that people take it for fatigue and it perks them up?

If it works on anxiety as well I will try it as im getting lots of palpitations and shortvof breath again!!!!!

• Posted

The reviews on Amazon were very promising. I didn't see anything in particular on shortness of breath but I figured if it helped with anxiety, maybe it will help with the shortness of breath. Its so awful and it scares me. I wish they knew what was causing it.
    • Posted

Its helped me calm a little, but I noticed no depression has crept in since taking it. Thats miserable when it comes.
  • Posted

Hi Michelle,

Yes I've tried it a few years ago and I can't say it did anything at all.

Worth a try though as some people swear by it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.