Peri Menopausal

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there I have read some posts, I have just turned 47 today believe it or not, for years my periods would be like clockwork, for the past 6 months they have been coming every 7-8 weeks, but no spotting in between, my mood is so so low, and I am very agitated, snappy, and could cry all the time.  I am due to go to Oz on 29th of this month, so don't want to do the whole doctor thing before I go as it would possibly impact on my insurance, are these symptoms anyone else at my age has had x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Definitely Sharon - these are perfectly normal symptoms and of course would not impact on your insurance - it is a natural but sometimes very challenging process. I've had symptoms now for about 5yrs and I'm 48 - periods now patchy having been like clockwork.  Mood swings, agitation all normal I'm afraid. There will be other posts after me suggesting various vits to take - I take magnesium and not much else. Go to Oz, you are healthy but starting to feel the effects of peri menopause. I won't lie - it can be hell but you'll have good days too. Enjoy that holiday in the sunshine - it'll do you the world of good and go to the doctor just to put your mind at rest although sometimes they can be quite unhelpful - you might have a good doctor unlike me! Have fun and keep smiling X. Keep reading these posts - it helps no end and everything will start to make sense xx

• Posted

Thanks so much for you reply Sophie, not looking forward to it at all.  Someone has adivsed charcoal tablets lol, but I am in the dark with this but willing to try anything that may help any little at all, I thought I was going off my head, for the past few days I have had headaches and never sufer from headaches probably just another symptom, yeah my doctor is quite good if I get the right one, I am going to have my holiday and go straight to doctor when I get back, thanks so much xx
    • Posted

Good! Enjoy it. With regard to the headache thing, if you've never suffered before peri/meno, yr more prone to get headaches whereas if you've always suffered, they disappear which is what has happened to me weirdly although I do get the odd one but not nearly as debilitating. The best thing I can advise is to change your diet - you need to be super healthy and try to cut out sugar, processed foods and caffeine - it really does help and treat yourself once in a while.  Cranial osteopathy has been great particularly for headaches (highly recommend) and other aches and pains and get the odd massage - you have to concentrate on you. Yoga/Pilates and even meditation bla bla bla if you have time for it! these are just a few pointers that have helped me - they may not work for everyone but it's always worth trying and harmless X 

• Posted

Thanks so much, I have been since September doing PT and boot camps to lose some weight for Oz, and changed my diet so hopefully doing some good have lost a stone and a half.  I do try to get massage once a month but not always possible, It is the headache thing that is driving me crazy xx
    • Posted

Find a cranial osteopath - it's hell having headaches but it will go eventually

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.