Peri menopause!!

Posted , 19 users are following.

Hi ladies!!!!Do any of you have serious stomach problems along with very pale skin with your peri?I have had bad stomach upset to the point where eating is almost impossible...and the night sweats are really bad lately...periods are now only 4 days long and not to heavy anymore!!they use to last 7 days and had blood clots and very heavy...now also headaches almost everyday but they are not bad but i know they are there....

1 like, 45 replies

45 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I'm sorry you are going through this.  I am so naucious right now i don't eat much either.  I think it's part of it.  But i would call your doctor.
  • Posted

Hi Laurie, I have experienced some changes regarding stomach but try to eat healthy n regularly n not change my eating habits if I can help it , headaches become more frequent lasting longer, I try to stay calm n relax as much as possibly can n my family understanding the changes I'm going through at times lol.the hot flushes have eased but suffered a lot for 2 years with irregular bleeding n hot flushes thought I was gonna crack up, learning techniques to elevate stress helps a lot and symptoms not as severe! I was also recommended soya isoflavenes via my GP which has helped
    • Posted

Thank you ladies...Yes NoelAnn i go Friday to have upper and lower GI..He said it could be do to peri but he wants to check and make sure somethings not wrong...At least he listened and didnt make me feel like an idiot like other Drs in the past...and i go to obgyn on the 22nd and hope she will listen to me better then my family Dr..Marie i would be lost without my husband..He gets frustrated as I do but hes been amazing and goes to Dr appt with me now because he is a tad more vocal then I and lets the Drs know that...lol
    • Posted

I'm so happy that you have the support of you're husband and ure doctor sat up and listened to the symptoms you experienced,I think its half the battle when you're other half is so supportive ure a lucky lady
  • Posted

Hi Laurie

bless you Laurie, all i can tell you about my early peri was ... I felt sick alot and ate little and often, but not as bad as you sound, also had many night sweats .. they are the early signs, i also had three faints in my very early peri, i had almost 21 months very early peri of bleeding, spotting, heavy, nothing, etc, but dont now, i wasnt pale, but maybe you need some blood tests, check your iron level ( maybe abit anaemic )  and B12 ... ask for B12 as they dont do it on full blood tests... 

Jay xx

• Posted

Ive been tested for iron and B12 and they came back fine!!!I hope this obgyn can give me some answers..trying to keep anxiety at a min but as you prob know thats not always possible...Had a trip to ER a month ago because my arm and face went numb and eye was blurry for about 5 mins...but they say it was a panic attack...very scary stuff and i wasnt worked up it just came on out of nowhere!!!Thank you for reply!!!xx
  • Posted

Yes I have pale skin very dry skin, and my stomach after eating is just to much to bare.

last night I thought I was going to blow up, my tummy hurt so bad after eating. I also have went from 7 days of full periods to only 4days.

Headache, dizziness fuzziness. Tingling hands and feet. To panic attacks. Your not alone.

• Posted

Thank you for your repl juliesutton!!You sound like your in the same boat as I am...Do you also get chest pains from stomach???
    • Posted

Yes. I get them. I was worried that I may be having a heart attack or at least heart problems. Tends to be on the right though, and sometimes through to my back, but only when I'm experiencing the bloating too. Eyesight gets worse too. Seriously not a fair deal!
  • Posted

YES I get chest pains alot.

it really scares me. You are so not alone. And I also get muscle spazims.

I seriously feel like I am falling apart. I don't know what has happened to me.

• Posted

Julie I am so relieved to hear that someone else is suffering with chest pains, I was beginning to think I was making it up.  I went to my doctors because I thought it might be something to do with my heart or maybe a pulled muscle but she said she thinks it is more likely to be anxiety.  I seem to get a lot of muscle and joint pain and headaches on a daily basis its all driving me a bit crazy.  I hope it will stop soon.  It really helps to know you are not alone though.  Hugs to you hunni x
    • Posted

You are not alone sweetie. I have quite a few of them and my heart flutter quite a bit. I am trying to keep busy and eating better. So you are not going crazy sweetie. All these aches and pains and everything else that is going on. I hope it all stops real soon for all of us ladies. Hugs to you. .
    • Posted

Phew. So glad to hear the flutters are part of it too. It's quite alarming when all these things are happening. I keep thinking about going for a medical, but then as soon as I get my period, it all passes for a week or so, and I realise it is just hormonal. Still, it really makes you feel like you are aging at a rate of knots. Scary!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.