Peri menopause!!

Posted , 19 users are following.

Hi ladies!!!!Do any of you have serious stomach problems along with very pale skin with your peri?I have had bad stomach upset to the point where eating is almost impossible...and the night sweats are really bad lately...periods are now only 4 days long and not to heavy anymore!!they use to last 7 days and had blood clots and very heavy...now also headaches almost everyday but they are not bad but i know they are there....

1 like, 45 replies

45 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

The doctor said that I was having a panic attack to. I told her that I have never had a problem with panic attacks. I actually thought I was having a heart attack. Never in my life l ever thought of having a panic attack.

And it came out of no where.

• Posted

Oh I'm so sorry to hear uve had panic attacks not a nice thing I've never had them myself but know people who have experienced them and never had one before its ure bodies flight n fight response,do you get anxious or feel problems spiral out of control, maybe this is a symptom of the menopause?
    • Posted

I am thinking that the panic attacks is from me just stressing over everything that is going on with all this prei menopause stuff. I have never in my life had a panic attack. But the doctor said, ,, yep that's what you had.

I have been really scared with all this change in my health. So that is probably what caused it.

• Posted

Hi all you ladies on this thread, YES YES and another YES i feel the same and the upset stomach and daily nausea is really getting me down.  I've never been a good eater and eat very little but since being diagnoised as hypoglycimic i have to force myself to eat something every 3 hrs.  I eat so bland and boring stuff but even that upsets my system, i only need to eat 2 mouthfuls and i'm full, its such a daily struggle and the daily headached, some i just feel the pressure and others are uncopable and can last like that for 3 to 4 days. I've not experienced a hot flush as yet and hope not too as i've got enough to cope with but i do have very cold shivers all through my body and the shakiness is a scary bit for me I feel i can't write and hold things properly and you ought to see my eye make-up some days i think i'd scare you cos i scare myself. My GP just wouldn't want to know, he'd give me the same answer as he has given me to everything else over these last 2 yrs ' everyone can get that ' then prints a sheet o whatever my ailment is off for me to take home and read then gives me a look as if to say just go. I too am very pale but i think always have been very fair skinned yet dark hair.  I'ts took me 2 hrs to get going this morning and get to work but i just can't think straight and worry how long i'll be able to keep my job cos if i was at home i'd only have how i feel to think about and i know that would make me worse.  Sorry to go on ladies but your not alone i feel the same too. sending you all a comforting hug x
    • Posted

It will settle and you will go back to normal... eventually. I'm now 51 almost 52. This started for me at 45 then got seriously worse. I never had the shaking but, had/have everything else in stages. The forgetfulness was horrible. That has passed and my memory is back to normal...(thank God) I presently have a pressure headache, jelly legs, a bit of nausea. However, it's far better than when I actually had horrible, horrible full periods. I know it feels like it will never end but I promise you, and I've spoken to others who've gone through this storm... it does end. biggrin One of the things I did (please research it first to see if it's the right choice for you) is DHEA. Every morning I take .25mg. My memory is good, my energy is back. Also, the one thing that will stave off your hot flashes is to not have sugar or alcohol. I know, I know... I love a nice glass of wine too. However, the hot flashes kick right in. Yikes. I would just like to say, I'm so happy I found this thread. You ladies have made me feel that I'm not alone... and for that, I thank you! lol
    • Posted

Hi there. Your post has me quite concerned. The part about not being able to put your make up on properly or hold things. Please get yourself checked for Motorneuron Syndrome (Not sure of the spelling, but know the signs) I hope it's not, but if it is, you have a better chance if you catch it early. I don't mean to worry yo. I'm just concerned. Take care of yourself and I really do hope it is just a symptom of menopause.
    • Posted

Hi anxiousface,

I know this thread is a little on the old side, but I was wondering how you are doing now. I have major stomach issues at the moment - feels like IBS with acid reflux. My stomach gurgles almost non-stop and I'm thoroughly miserable! I have just one week to go and I will have been period-free for one year so I wonder if this is the reason I'm experiencing just about all the 66 symptoms all at one time! Then there's the poop inspector I've turned into - I just hate this!

Hope you're doing better!

Margot xx

• Posted

Hi Laurie,

I too have severe stomach issues as I've developed an auto immune condition, Atrophic gastritis. I can hardly eat anything but what I can eat is good for you, so I have to look on the bright side! My diet of white meat fish and veg isn't inspiring but it's keeping the hot flushes away and my weight down. I'm also less anxious when I don't eat sugar. Ok it's not pleasant but I think it's making the rest bearable. I'm looking forward to coming out the other side, I reckon I've been in peri for a few years and I haven't had a period since January. OMG I'm wishing my life away!

• Posted

I have all your symptoms and I have lost alot of weight it is really hard to make your

self eat when you have no appetite and feel sick all the time. I have headaches most days but for me the anxiety attacks are the worst if I could get them under control life would be bearable. I have been on Fluoxetine for a week and I am waiting and praying for relief. It is nice to know I am not alone and sadly this is normal.

• Posted

Hi diane, 

I have been suffering from the same thing. 

I started having anxiety attacks.  And all the dizziness.  I went to the doctor and she put me on wellbutrin 300. Its taken about 4weeks too kick in but it is working.  I feel a lot better.  Not a 100 % but much better. 

• Posted

Hi Julie I am glad you are feeling better my doc has put me on Clonazepam and it has helped tremendously I even laugh now (yippe)

• Posted

hi laurie, When i started in 2012 with all these symptoms i to lost weight cos i had nausea 24/7 and headaches, i found it so hard to eat when your feeling sick all the time but i developed a low sugar problem and i now have to eat something every 2 hrs or my blood sugar drops and i could have a hypo. I've found after months and months of trying to eat i do feel better for eating little and often but at first it was a total nightmare. As you will know how it feels when your told just to eat and you'll feel better and yet you feel sick all the time its impossible and enormous battle but i do suggest to you to do this even tasteless things but get something inside you cos this will help your headaches ease. Its not a cure by no means cos i still suffer but not as harsh and i'm a bit stronger cos i got so weak.  I too have the anxiety issue but i'm learning to live with it better than when it first it me out the blue.  Reading this forum regular basis has helped me a lot and chatting to you ladies going through the same horrific time in are life.  sorry i can't help you further but i just want you to know your not on your own and i think in time you will accept certain symptoms and improve.  sending you a comforting hug.  hang on in there we can do this.x

• Posted

Hi everyone!! I am just the same I feel sick most of the time have to eat every couple of hours, in the morning feels like morning sickness eat a biscuit before I get up this helps. Can only eat small meals because feel full up after a few mouth fulls, have cut down on dairy and fatty foods this seems to help. Have had 2 panic attacks this year I am 51 never had them before. Feel tired no energy no sex drive joints ache, my doctors useless, but just keep on going lol
    • Posted

hello alikiely i thought i'd wrote your post but couldn't remember doing it, i am exactly the same as you.  I dread anyone asking us out for a meal as i can only eat such a small amount and i get anxious feeling people will think i'm just weird.  I'm 51 also and this all started for me in 2012 when i started to feel faint daily which brought on the anxiety, my Gp just doesnt want to know so useless as you say. Yes we can only keep on going and i just take each day as it comes and they are all different for me.  Keep going alikiely, i hope one day we'll be like jayneejay and coming through this to the end and helping others.  sending you a hug x
    • Posted

Thank you for my Hugsmile it's good to hear it's not just me. I have friends who just sailed through this and nobody seems to understand how I feel. Husband does his best been like this for 2 years now, Still having periods for 4 days every 21 days can't wait for them to stop, seen doctor twice in the 2 years sends me for all the blood tests  they come back clear can't have HRT because sister died of breast cancer but don't worry only last for 5 years lol another 3 to go, sending you a hug back xx
    • Posted

Hi alikiely

I cant take HRT either but do get urself some vits etc its a long journey and your periods are still every 21 days so yours is just beginning 😫 i have been peri for 9 years its not 5 years it can be less or even 12 plus it all depends on ' not having a period for over 12 months' then your classed as meno reached .. The symptoms and probs can still stay aswell 😫 

The meno blood test FSH will never be accurate until you have minimal periods, i had three in 2012, two in 2013,and none since .. It can be a long journey for some of us.. Good luck protect your bones with Calcium and Vit D and take something like natural menapol plus and B6 a must ... Jayxxx 

• Posted

Thanks jayneejay poor you 9 years, I have been taking Femarelle soy extract it seems to help with sleeping and flushes not so bad still feel sick though, I had my gallbladder out 5 years ago so that might have something to do with it. Also I have no energy would be happy to lay on the settee all day luckily my dog won't let me she makes me go out for walks and she give great cuddles. I work 3 days a week couldnt  manage more than that at the moment will give B6 a try thanks take care x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.