Peri menopause

Posted , 10 users are following.

Looking for others suffering this peri menopause

My symptoms change everyday detached 

Dizzy , shaky legs , palpitations, racing pulse . Fatigue then anxiety can’t settle sit still , join in everyday life (who am I ) . I was a fun loving out going person with such a busy life . Now I choose to stay home all time as it’s safer and I have no confidence , scared I’m going to panic and freak out !! 

3 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Clare I feel exactly the same as you, this forum has really helped me because I realised there are women all over the world with the same symptoms and made me feel that I am not going crazy or dying from a deadly disease. I am currently trying a few of of the suggestions I have received, vitamin b, menopace, yoga, meditation. It’s a tough time but I’m convinced there is light at the end of the tunnel xxx
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply, I have started on B12 and vit D . Keep looking up all different pages to see what helps with my meno. I also have underactive thyroid and coeliac . I feel some days I have Marsh mallows on the soles of my feet (walking in space feeling ) . 💕

• Posted

Hi Clare, you'll find that the majority of women on this forum suffer from the same exact symptoms as you. It's not a fun club to belong to, but we are all we got. And thank goodness there are others who understand. Somehow it makes the symptoms less scary knowing that other women have them too. I'm starting to come out the other side, still have symptoms, but not as severe as they were a year and a half ago. There's hope! Hang in there. XOXO

• Posted

Glad there is light at the end of the tunnel , don’t even think I have entered the tunnel yet. Some days are just awful and the detached feeling is awful or spaced out . 
    • Posted

Oh I'm glad you are coming out the other side I cry when I read this I'm here still beating up myself over the way I'm feeling I guess I'm impatient too,I have not slept for 2 days can't keep still everyday I wake up I'm not back yet if I get work up I get hot and worst I my head is feel funny oh it goes on 

• Posted

I understand! I have had so many crazy physical symptoms and the emotional ones are horrible! I spent my lunch break crying because I a so tired of feeling like this! I'm sorry I am not being helpful!

• Posted

I’m lucky I don’t work or I think I would be sacked just now as I would never be there. No two days are the same but have a lovely understanding hubby , well it’s only the start he maybe mad like me by the end of all of this, although I can’t see an end in sight just now. Good days never happen now. I am fed up moaning , bet my friends are too. 
  • Posted

Oh my gosh! I’ m 49 and just recently started experiencing these symptoms. I’ve been to the ER twice heart racing waking me up at night!! Scared me to death which turned into anxiety. To add to all of this I wasn’t eating cause I was so stressed out that I was gonna have a heart attack and die from the palpitations so I made myself very sick. Weakness, headaches I was a mess!!! I’ve been checked out, heart stress test, Holter monitor, chest X-ray all looks good. It wasn’t until I found this women’s forum and I see I’m not the only one expirencing this issue. But I’m still going to s Cardiologist to make sure all is good. 
    • Posted

I am the same at the doctors every week with a new symptom , been put on beta blockers last week and they have helped the racing heart and panic attacks . It’s a very scary place in life to be in especially when life has had to change so drastically. 

Keep fighting 💕

• Posted

Hi Clare, yes raving heart, I was out today supermarket and my heart was going and my head eyes started to feel all tense up, so I took it easy and get what I want Andy come home..I have been fighting for long time now hormones got to settle down sometime for us
    • Posted

Well I do hope so, I feel myself talking to myself and saying calm down your fine it’s just hormones and everyone round you all looking normal 

💕

• Posted

Clare you are definitely not alone.

I have no health insurance so I don’t have the opportunity to run to the doctor and get tested for all these things. 

When I started going through all these symptoms I was sure I had a heart attack coming on or a brain tumor.

Well, it’s been a year now....and so far I’m still here! 

Without this forum I have no doubt my life would have gotten horrible in the last year.

This place is a literally emotional life saver❤️

I have tried many things other than pharmaceutical meds, and the thing that I find that helps me the most is just eating SUPER super healthy, taking supplements/vitimans and I know exercise helps but I hate it so I haven’t gotten into a routine on that yet.

All of that being said, and as I’ve read here many times, nothing completely “takes this away”, some things just may lessen some symptoms a bit.

For heart racing anxiety what helped me the most was putting in my ear buds, laying down, and listening to meditation music, concentrating on my breathing and I’d usually fall asleep.

I listen to a song by an artist called Marconi Union, the song is called Weightless. YouTube has like a 10 hour version of it and it was AMAZING for me.

I have taken a Xanax about 4 or 5 times in the last year, but that’s it, only because I’ve got so much anxiety that I’m afraid to take them regularly lol.

Tho they definitely work wonders when I have taken them.

My digestion has taken a total flop in the last year- and I notice that it effects literally everything in my body. 

Headaches, dizziness, cramping of course, just an overall all feeling of “illness”. 

I’m very bad about it, but when I do have the willpower and have like a spinach omelet, water water water, salad or any kind of greens and fruits for lunch, more water, and a super healthy dinner, and more and more water....I DO feel much better all the way around.

But it’s hard and I like food.

Sugar intensifies my symptoms bigtime.

We all swear by b vitimans, magnesium and vitimans d around here.

Tho again, I’m so bad about being hardcore that I forget to stay on top of that too.

Sorry this reply is so long....just wanted to give you my thoughts if they’d be of any help.

Hang in there! 

• Posted

Thanks for the reply 

I feel the same as you I can feel slightly better if I eat healthier take my vitamins and drink water . I also take thyroxine and have just been prescribed beta blockers which I think have helped the racing from my heart . 

I try every morning to feel more positive but my symptoms seem so severe some days I struggle with it all . 

Keep fighting 💕

• Posted

Ditto to all the advice and love and support from these wonderful women...

I too have either felt before or am suffering with now everything you're feeling. The fear of each thing and every new thing is absolutely maddening, isnt it? We will get through this...thank God for this forum! Hugs!

• Posted

Hi Clare,I understand I can't sit still either I'm better bed my head is everywhere dry mouth driving me crazy..I can't join in everyday life myself I'm anxious and frustrated I don't feel me so uncomfortable with myself more lately don't eat well I'm I try blotting it all out but don't work don't know what to do with myself 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.