Peri menopause at 41

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've recently had bad hot flashes at night, sweating, dizzy, flush...feeling like my head was going to explode! Even went to the ER and the docs diagnosed me with vertigo.

Doctors said my blood pressure was borderline 143/93 and decided to medicate me. The side effects that I experienced from the medication made me think I was losing my mind. 3 ER visits ...Needless to say my anxiety rose and so did my blood pressure. I even went to see a cardiologist to run a battery of tests ...heart normal. 

I've weaned myself off all BP medicine and doctors still want to medicate but I'm still boarderline. My BP spikes when I have a peri episode...probably cause of my anxiety about this whole new chapter. At least I know my heart is ok. Now when I have an episode...I just breathe through it and let it pass.

Nights are the worse....hard to sleep.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I,too, was prescribed  beta blockers for the anxiety etc. Also anti depressants and sleeping tablets.  I don't take any of them. Why don't you try magnesium to calm you and it helps you sleep. When I was really bad, I used a magnesium night time spray which helped me sleep. I also use magnesium cell salts (I couldn't swallow tablets with the anxiety)which I use daily. My doctor is aware and happy for me to use these as an alternative. This means that I have no dependancies on prescription medication. Magnesium is used in hospitals for people with heart problems as it calms high blood pressure and we are all apparently magnesium deficient. Hope this helps. X 

• Posted

Thank for the responses...I am definitely not wanting to add any more drugs in my system and going to hold off as long as I can. 

I'll try the magnesium. I get headaches daily now and trying not to take anything for that..

Any information for natural remedies are appreciated!

• Posted

Dear. Theresa

i am in peri menopause, I've started getting constant headache, it's pressured headache around the top and forehead area. It radiates to my neck sometimes, went to see my doctor last week and he gave me antibiotics saying it's my sinus. I took the whole course, now the headache is back again. 

Please can you tell me if you are getting the same kind of headache. I'm so tired of seeing doctors with my symptoms.

kadija

• Posted

I get headaches constantly...I've never had before. I also can wear my contacts for most of the day anymore

• Posted

Im disgusted to hear how much you had to go through to get the diagnosis of being perimenopasual. When will doctors get it , women know there bodies better than any docyor and when we say theres a problem to seriously look for the answer. which leads me to wish you the best of wishes, If you in U S id get air con if not a bedside fan is my best friend, i even got a summer duvet , my hubby is always supportive however there is a throw on the bottom of the bed for him if he gets a little chilly.

regards carol

• Posted

There is a device that you put in your underwear , have a look at it, ladycare is its name its has brilliant reviews

carol xx

• Posted

I finally decided to see my GYN instead of my GP and she said I'm in peri...without a doubt! I'll be doing ultrasound and FSH test next week but FSH won't show much until actually in Menopause. In the meantime she's prescribe me a trail of Minivelle .0375 patch to see if it helps.

any suggestions or comment on the patch?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.