Peri-menopause & vomitting/anxiety

Posted , 11 users are following.

I've been vomitting for over a year. I'm 43 but early menopause runs in the family. I get my period every two weeks and the days leading up are awful. I can't eat because I'm so nauseous but then I dry heave for hours. It's violent, the blood vessels around my eyes burst, my ribs ache and then I'm exhausted. I've never been a "napper" but now I can't sleep enough. And as for socializing or going to the market, forget it. I have panic attacks, my hands freeze up and I have to pull over to the side of the road to be safe. I can't take my daughter clothes shopping bc I feel faint or weak. And this has been going on for years but gotten progressively worse this last year. I've lost 65 pounds I didn't need to lose and I fear I'm falling into a depression. Thoughts?

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Last night was a bad night for me...I woke up with a headache and sweating. I felt like my head was exploding. I was worried it was my blood pressure but the machine confirmed that was ok. Doctors cant find out whats wrong. I've been to the ER 3x because of heart palpitations and chest pain. EKG, CT, Stress test all come back normal.

I figured peri since I'm 41. I couldn't go back to sleep and ended up finding relief on the cold tile floor.

I was hard not to let anxiety take over, I just kept saying..."this will pass"

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.